1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Brands Hatch EASTER MEET - 2012

Discussion in 'Racing related' started by GixxerGilly, Mar 16, 2012.

1. r1jay

r1jay Race Rep +

wont be there for this one but i will be there in July. Really looking forward to that one as i think its the only weekend i get to spend some time under canvas

2. Steve B

Steve B Street Fighter +

Genny is sorted!!!

3. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Change of plan for me will be there today - and camping till monday see you all there !

4. Norfolk Ged

Norfolk Ged Twist N Go

I am coming down for the Monday ( my wife is recovering from a very serious illness so it not fair to camp this weekend but my daughter is over next weekend so i may camp at Thruxton as that is always brilliant) i will look out for you all Steve B has said he will be there as well
    ged

5. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Was there today and didnt see any of you. Will be back tomorrow.

6. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I'll hopefully be there tomorrow as Monday looks like its going to be extremely wet!!

7. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

But Monday's when all the races are on, so I'm still going Monday!

8. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

55.JPG

Yoda and GixxerGilly like this.
  9. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Looks like some undesirables watching for their free ferry back to mainland Europe. :giggle:

Yoda, GixxerGilly, Steve B and 2 others like this.
  10. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

It was cold and damp there today. I don't envy those of you that are camping tonight or going tomorrow!

11. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

i enjoyed the day, good to see a few of you there :thumbsup:

weather made for interesting racing :D

got hospitality from an old race friend of Leila's shame he got wiped out in his race, i'm sure he was going to win :D

Yoda and lammyR6 like this.
  12. Tusky

Tusky Off Roader +

Even more interesting today, especially the 1000cc superstocks ;)

13. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

Solo racing has been suspended for rider safety. so no 2nd BSB race!

14. Les

Les British Superbike +

That the one with Seeley & Wilson? Was glued to the set for that one...brilliant racing.

15. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

Seeley and Wilson was a rerun from last year!

GixxerGilly likes this.
  16. Les

Les British Superbike +

Errr...I knew that. Bugger that's why the track was dry.;)

Sporty1200 and lammyR6 like this.
  17. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Had a good day Saturday. Got to say a hello to Shakey when he pulled up alongside the Shoei van. Tom then pointed out in the programme a number of other racer chaps who were picking up helmets. Turned out to be more BSB riders doh! Still, I got a nice shiny new visor for my lid!
    Weather held off for good ride home only slightly marred by losing my end can whilst blatting past a van on A21. Had to then track my route pack to find said end can which was promptly packed into my rucksack for a deafening ride home!!

18. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

After a disappointing Sunday, where tyre problems meant going backwards from 4th on the grid to 14th, local lad Tom Ward made up for it on Monday. After blowing his engine during morning practice, a new one was fitted 15 minutes before the start of his race. He then went from 14th on the grid to 2nd, dropping back to 3rd before the race was red flagged. He finished 3rd overall, 2nd in the Elite class, of the Triumph Triple Challenge.:)
    http://www.triumphtriplechallenge.com/2011/news/tom-ward-transforms-no-bike-to-podium-finish/

GixxerGilly and lammyR6 like this.
  19. paganuspaul

paganuspaul Off Roader +

We were there earlier in the day yesterday, but in common with a lot of people left after the first BSB race. It was just so miserable, cold and wet! So we were home in time for the re-runs they were showing once the races got abandoned. Callum was pleased to get a signed poster from Nori, and we sort of enjoyed the racing we saw, but really it was a lousy day!

20. r1jay

r1jay Race Rep +

am i the only one who saw Michaela on the telly?, im certain it was her when James Whitham was interviewing a rider. was looking for Gill but didnt spot her from my nice warm sofa. Shame it was so cold and wet for all them spectators.