1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Big Rideout Sunday 15th, 1066 cafe at 1000am,leave at 11ish

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by megawatt, Apr 13, 2012.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

We all made it to bury hill, met carnage and hoppie. Having a brew and a natter before heading back.

Roadwart likes this.
  2. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Cheers Alan great rideout , good turnout, lots of bikes, :sun2: great roads.:whoo2::10:

Just need to open a beer and watch Chelsea beat Spurs in a while, then my day will be perfect. :thumbsup:

Panel Man and Tony like this.
  3. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Tks Alan, nice little ride.

4. Les

Les British Superbike +

Thanks to Alan & everyone, good to meet some new faces too & liked the idea of bike swapping for a few miles.

Finchy likes this.
  5. alexs

alexs World Superbike +

Thanks Alan for the ride out, very enjoyable and good to meet a lot of new people....hope to meet up again soon.

6. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Top ride Megawatt....Thoroughly enjoyed it as did Dave and PJ. This was my first proper SECB rideout and I was not disappointed in either the people or the level of riding...Very cool indeed :cool:

We'll definitely be out with your guys again.

180 miles all in.

I'll see if i can post some vid....

Nice to see everyone especially Carnage aka Mr E aka Slappy aka Pete....How many names do you want?

See you at the next one.

Neil

Sporty1200 likes this.
  7. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

well started out as a solo ride to box ....nuthin doin there so a solo venture to bury hill with perfect timing, dismount lid off just in time to see megawatt ride in the gate ....saw a few faces i knew and a few new ones , had a natter a bite to eat and then followed megawatt round some nice roads until we crossed the A21
    great day great company great riding ...what more could one ask

Panel Man likes this.
  8. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

9. SteveeP

SteveeP Sport Tourer +

I passed most of you on the A271 on my way back from Brands....

10. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

Thanks Alan really good rideout 210 miles, good company, dry roads well apart from few spatters on way home. A few degrees warmer it would have been fantastic. :thumbsup:

11. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Well just got in, knackered and smiling. What a great day with great people, even Les;) and Finchy:p No sign of Dave and Lisa at 1066, so we left at exactly 1100, just in case. A steady ride throught the trees to Netherfield and the nice B road to Heathfield. All stopped at the mini roundabout to pick up a 600 Diversion that a lady biker had just fallen over with. Made sure she was alright and met the rest at Esso garage. A steady ride to Ringmer and Barcombe Mills and then the excellent Ditchling road for some flying and scary riding. Couldn't stop at the Bull coz it was full ,so waited for Hoppie at the Greyhound in Hassocks. Some cracking B roads all the way to Washington and then traffic through Storrington and a fast blat to Whiteways Cafe, Bury Hill.
    Great to see Amber again and arrived just after Carnage at Bury Hill. Had a coffee, stole chips and cake offf Keith and Richard , then it was time to leave. Rob went north, Amber went south and the rest went, sort of East. Met Scotty 80 and Morpheus , just as we were leaving, sorry guys:cry:. Me , Carnage and Sporty had a spiritted ride on the original B road route and the rest stayed on A roads until we met again at Ditchling. Had a brew at the pub in Plumpton and then 5 of us headed back via Lewes, Ringmer and Golden cross. Phew!!!!. A very few pix;
    Waiting for Hoppie at the Greyhound;
    [​IMG]
    Face stuffing at Whiteways, Bury Hill;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And then there were 5
    [​IMG]

JimG, Sporty1200 and alexs like this.
  12. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

What a brilliant day! Sun shining, no rain (well, almost no rain), a hot pie and (most of my) cake at White Ways cafe plus plenty of hot tea and biking. Heaven :D

Great route, MegaPerson, even if some of us on the return managed to fit in a stretch of the A-27 (ahem) but at least we met up again (er, somewhere... wherever Hoppielimp lives). And thanks, Carnage for finding a nice route for me back from the Blue Boys to T/Wells, not involving the A-21. I did recognise Goudhurst (fantastic doughnuts in the bakery there, if ever anyone is passing through the village during shop opening hours) but I'm not sure anywhere else was familiar.

When my ship comes in, I'm going to ask Santa for a SatNav which fits my bike and can be programmed with routes like this. :rolleyes:

Here are some more pics for your collective delectation:-

I'm not sure where this is, but Mega Person can tell you.
    019.JPG

Les searching for some change for a cup of tea. The rest of us look on... Will anyone lend him a quid?
    020.JPG

Amber issuing instructions - honestly, a girl just can't go out for a little ride without pandemonium breaking out at home. :eek:
    021.JPG

Waiting for Hoppie...
    022.JPG

At White Ways Cafe... Loads of bikes! Les wondering whether to accept Finchy's offer of £1 but at 4,700% pa interest.
    023.JPG

Nope, I guess he didn't.
    024.JPG 025.JPG 026.JPG

And then I went home :thumbsup::whistle::disco: Very, very happy... Great to see everyone. I'm going to be grinning at people all week now.

megawatt, Sporty1200 and JimG like this.
  13. Gazza1

Gazza1 Guest

great ride out Alan good company and new faces only thing that p%%%ed me off was losing my phone and wallet somewhere between here and Rye

14. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

now that really is a downer on a great day

15. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Looks like you all had a great day out (except Gazza1, that sux mate). I will make a ride out soon, Promise! :)

16. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Bloody hell - sorry to hear that fella. Hope you managed to get things sorted.

17. Finchy

Finchy Guest

A few pics from today. Some great roads which I'll go hunt out again some other time.

Alan - thanks for organising.

Les - thanks for swapping bikes for a while. Always nice to sample another ride (and no, my wife is not available). Having said that, you do look especially 'pleased' to be back on your bike (see photo).

Sorry I had to dash but I only intended to be out for a couple of hours and had a busy afternoon. Still, it was nice to come home and have lunch waiting on the table :).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JimG and megawatt like this.
  18. Roadwart

Just be sure before swapping bikes that your insurance does cover you. I know most policies do but not all so its better to check than find out the hard way. :thumbsup:

19. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Don't worry - I'm not new to biking, so yes, my policy does indeed cover the riding of other bikes (subject to usual Ts & Cs).

Roadwart likes this.
  20. Roadwart

I wasn`t saying you weren`t Finchy, j:)ust making a comment for those who may not have checked & just assumed.