1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Speed Trap East Sussex near Hailsham 20/4/12

Discussion in 'On the Road!' started by Sporty1200, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Cop with hand held camera facing north on the HAWSWOOD Rd 17:15 today,on the left if your heading south.

Well hidden behind parked cars on the apex of a l/hand bend, Lucky i pulled in to a shop for provisions before the bend.. :whistle:

Attached Files:

2. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Apparently Sussex police announced last night they are doing a HUGE crackdown on speeding. Burgess Hill was crawling with hand helds today as was Haywards Heath so be careful guys & Gals!

3. Les

Les British Superbike +

Yes I can see the logic of those in charge...I mean speeders are far more anti social than burglars & thieves eh?

Sporty1200 and BlackHornet like this.
  4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

and their reason behind it is always some crap about safely or they say thieves use the roads too and they aim to catch them. :rolleyes: so a theif in a stolen car will be worried about a speeding ticket being sent to the car owner will they ????

money grabbing scheme plan and simple

Les likes this.
  5. Sporty1200

Dont get me started.......... lol.......
    Its a money spinner too and meets their targets easier than solving burglaries and muggings etc....****s :fume:

Gazza1 and Les like this.
  6. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

I must be way behind in everything....I could have sworn that hand helds were now obsolete because they were proven unreliable??? :think1:

7. Sporty1200

Its a good point......
    What he had looked like an old ''box camera'' which he aimed at oncoming traffic. I saw him track a car around the bend with it as it passed him so assumed it was a speed camera. Do they have portable ANPR cams?

They make me :sick: anyway . This was rush hour in a 30 zone on a friday, i guess most people just want to get home n unwind for the weekend and these 'daleks' are shooting fish in a barrel for money instead of persuing real crims, like the politicians.... Were all screwed... Praise the lord and pass the ammunition... :laugh:

8. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Mayhap we have pretendy speed cameras, not dissimilar to the pretendy cops that walk around these days?
    I totally agree with you.....get on your knees and praise be to....no....hang on......f*ck it....who do we pray to these days? Ahh yes....the great god of twelve bore!

9. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Ringmer, Rotherfield, Wadhurst & Winchesea have "trained" locals with hand helds which they point at you as you pass, they note your Registration number if you are speeding, they have no legal status, but I'm told that if they record you 3 times you get a letter from the Police saying you are a "naughty" person

10. Sporty1200

Quite possibly. With the state of public sector finances, but i did spot the car parked discreetly in the layby before i saw him. i hope they have 1 portable speed cam to share in the whole of sussex and are reduced to the equivelent of speed bumps, which incidentily is how i view them. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Alternativley,,,, It could have been a surveyor with his theodolite dressed as a traffic plod in his spare time as a hobby.......:D

11. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Buxted have them too & it is possible to get a "warning letter" after being zapped by them just once as a bloke at work found out.

12. Les

Les British Superbike +

I'm on first name terms terms with our local councellor who, knowing I ride a bike & drive quite err...spiritedly too, still asked if I'd like to be such a volunteer. I politely declined saying how could I be so hypocritical & never again to mention me & speed cameras together. Strange thing was that when I told her my reasons for being anti camera (driving at what I considered a safe speed, using observation etc) she agreed she felt the same. Bloody hypocrite of what?:mad:

kitten_art and Sporty1200 like this.
  13. Sporty1200

Its difficult to know what to believe from such people when their lips move imo Les. Its a quality of local councellors, 'would be' politicians and the such, to champion what's 'popular' and will win people/votes regardless of their own opinions or what they say in 'private'. Fekin, lying, cheating, simpering bunch of hypocritical Sycophants. No offence. :D

kitten_art and Les like this.
  14. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Say what you mean Kevin dont beat about the bush :rubhands:

Sporty1200 likes this.
  15. Les

Les British Superbike +

Mmm...I think I also detected some slight distrust of our elected representatives.