1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Biker Down Event 17th August

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Jim, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Well, what can I say but absolutely BRILLIANT night! Learnt a lot from some very knowledgeable & funny people. Everybody was friendly, welcoming & looked after us all, especially Sue, extremely well. The only downside was getting caught in rain from Hawkhurst all the way through to High Halden & having wet trousers for the evening. Pity you ended up on a shout but your job obviously has to come first.

I hope you are proud of yourself for organising this Jim & that the feedback you collected from us helps with the course being a continued success.

Jim likes this.
  2. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

One more thing... can I recommend that the contents of the First Aid kit is posted on the forum, under its own thread? This can help make sure all bikers are aware of the best bits and pieces to have on their bikes, perhaps along with a short video demonstration of the application of the tourniquet bandage thingy?

chelskitel, deano and Roadwart like this.
  3. deano

deano Commuter 500 +

good idea hanna i vote russell for the video he was very pro doing my bandage

4. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Thanks for all the brilliant responses and your attentive attitudes last night. The team were well pleased with the event!
    Can you all do me a massive favour? Please, please put your comments on the Fire Bike Face Book page so that all the others involved, including those behind the scenes, can see them. This way I will be more assured of getting the support from others within the service that I need to continue the project!
    I shall soon be advertising on here for another course to be filled by SEC members so watch this space! http://www.facebook.com/#!/kentfirebike

5. Roadwart

Already on it Jim! :thumbsup:

6. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Thanks Paul!
    Apparently my Boss at the top of the food chain has already been contacted by someone in the AA who is wondering if we can do the course for them and I've had anther request from a National Club Chair person, all because they are seeing your comments on the Fire Bike Face Book Page!!!! BRILLIANT!
    Never fear though cos SEC Bikers are the pioneers of this course and have been vital in it's development so wont be forgotten! Next available date will be offered on here!

mousematt, Roadwart and Hanna like this.
  7. shrimpee

shrimpee Street Fighter

Had a great time last night. Jim please thank the guys for carrying me down the stairs it was really sweet of them but they missed out on the fun of seeing me disco dancing my way back down:disco:;). A big thanks also to Russell for the offer of driving me back home but i do need to learn to cope with the bad days on the bike.

Jim likes this.
  8. deano

deano Commuter 500 +

Its always the effort thats put in shrimpee, and you always give 100% was a good night even with wet under crackers

Roadwart likes this.
  9. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

I know Jim's and Kevins presentations were in powerpoint, if someone was to do the same for the first aid bit and send them all to me I could turn them all into a pdf that could then be a sticky on the forum.

deano likes this.
  10. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Thanks To Jim And All that Mad this Happen Thanks to All of you that Showed your Support another Great Event attended By Sec - , I enjoyed this Very Much and Have come away with some Knoleage and Understaing that i could deal with a Situation,,, Hope this Continues to Run a well Dersrved Course i think .:)

11. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

But then no-one would need to attend Biker Down! :(

12. SteveeP

SteveeP Sport Tourer +

Seriously folks.....if you get a chance to attend one of Jim's next sessions don't hesitate. 100% worthwhile and quite an eye opener.

Jim and Roadwart like this.
  13. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

just want to add my thanks to everyone involved. :10: was a great night and well delivered, fun yet with a serious and important lesson. The more people that can do this course the better.

There was no blaming of "us Bikers" for the way we may choose to ride but it was how to deal with an accident should they happen which is a nice change from many courses where they try and alter your mind set rather than offer advice that can help. :respekt:

i even took something away from spins part of the course :thumbsup: ( not bad considering that i did read a few of his post so already knew and do some of what he said).

Jim likes this.
  14. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Really sorry I missed this (first day back at work in three weeks). Definitely up for the next one :thumbsup:

Jim likes this.
  15. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Watch this space Jim!

16. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

i can see you getting very busy with this soon. everyone is raving about it. still beats putting out caravans and tyres all night long.

Thanks once again :10:

Jim likes this.
  17. sexyminx

sexyminx British Superbike +

Brilliant night out,good mates,good laugh but most importantly,even I walked away with the confidence that I have the skills to safes someone's life if I needed too,thanks to the guys at ashford fire station,keep up the good work, thanks to kev I don't feel so bad now,being of one of the slowest . I'd like to chuck out a huge big shout to jim,thankyou for sparing your time to do this, learnt so much. Cheers guys xxxxx

Jim likes this.
  18. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Ditto to all that has been said! A fun but informative night with great people and fab trainers. A big thank you to all involved. :thumbsup:

Jim likes this.
  19. Roadwart

Our certificates arrived in the post this morning so all you guys & gals who attended should be getting yours in the next few days :thumbsup:

20. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Right. Who wrote out the certificates? Come on, own up.

ONE FECKING H!