1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Retirement Rideout Sunday July1st

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by megawatt, Jun 26, 2012.

1. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Household duties done, have finished trimming my bush. Now just need the wind to drop so I can burn the trimmings. In the meantime, it's time for a ride :cool:

2. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Just back from a lil blat ending at Wessons (35 min wait for a microwaved burger :thumbsdown:)
    Nice n sunny near Hailsham now :). May head to brighton as there is a brightona type thingy on... :bike: Will have btooth enabled if anyone else gets to brighton soon.

3. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Heading to wessons now from oasis, be there about 1430.
    Didn,t make it to Wessons. Just got home on 3 cylinders, again.

4. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

pah if id known you were going to the oasis i would of popped down and bought you a drink matey ... i was only tinkering in the garage... weve had lovely weather here aprt from early this morn when it hammered down.

5. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Sorry I didn't make it today gents, I've just this second woke up !

6. megawatt

Lazy git;)

7. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Was nice to see folks at Wessons.

Sorry I didn't join you for a ride but still more to do in the house and that indicator issue (loose connector?) was bothering me. It played up again on the way home, despite testing okay on hazards at Wessons. When i got back it tested on hazards and solo without a problem. Grrrr... I think I need to buy myself a soldering iron and go over all the newly done connections.

8. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Good to see you Hanna, hope you get those indicators sorted. Was a really nice ride up and down the Marshes with Tom, Jim, Leila, Paul, Wads and Sharon...:):hgiggle:

lammyR6 likes this.
  9. adam

adam Twist N Go +

woud have been nice to have met anyone this morning . Got to Ashford Saisburys filled up bought fags only to get back to my bike with a dead battery the the heavens opened up and as I had no phone with me had to ask all the motorists if they had jump leads, After 45 minuites in the bloody rain a nice couple offered to help another 30 minuits later he realised his leads where shite. Just as he was about to leave a nice guy with a battery pack got me going again :rubhands: So by this time there was no chance of getting to the cafe in time to meet any one. So I just blated around Ashford on my jack.

Can anyone recomend a battery for my power eating Sp2 as this is the 3rd battery in as many years. I even had this battery on charge with an optimate 3+ (thanks Paul) which doesnt identify any faults.

10. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Soz i missed evryone, sbeen one of them days for me :confused:

Had a good ride and enjoyed the sun/rain/sun...

just preparing for the footy tonight now. (: and no its not Chelsea, they've already won the FA cup and are European Champions in case i hdnt mentioned that. :D

Its Spain v Italy gonna be a cracker :disco:

11. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Turmoil took freaking ages to clean, he was filthy!!! Nice to meet peoples at 1066 though.
    Mega, ditch the blade........get a VN! :D
    Fair amount of bikes rocked up at the Bells, including the Vintage Club. :thumbsup:

12. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

:hug3:

adam likes this.
  13. megawatt

Charge it up with a proper bike battery charger, not an Optimate. I know what you,re thinking , but they don,t necessarily give a full charge. Check reg/rec and alternator outputs.

14. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Nice afternoon ride. One brief spot of precipitation, but nothing that would dampen the spirits. :)

15. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Sorry I missed today, looking forward to seeing you all, woke up this morning with a bug been really sick all day!, now I've hurt my back reaching so to speak. Hope you all enjoyed today

16. megawatt

GWS mate, off all day , every day if you fancy a brew?:)

17. Les

Les British Superbike +

That
    Thats the thing with big v twins, take more turning over than other configurations but Oddysey make good batteries. I found an Optimate good at keeping the battery alive during lulls in bike use but they always seem to cut out earlier than they need to. Some sort of safety margin issue no doubt.

18. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

I should bloody think so.....I got totally sodden riding over to the 1066. And you let a poxy bug beat you! :hah::hah::hah:

Get better soon

Tony likes this.
  19. megawatt

I don't think they give a full charge, check the voltage when"fully charged".

20. adam

adam Twist N Go +

The battery that I bought the bike with lasted me 2 years, that was regularly pluged into an Oxford Maximiser after about 18 months I noticed that the maximiser wouldnt always light up it took several mains disconnections to get it to light up.But it would only come on with an amberlight which is the charging indicator. I thought it was ok as the battery didnt give me any problems until several months later. When the battery failed and wouldnt recover so bought a new battery. Using the maximiser on the new battery the same indicator light up so I thought ok its still working but again first instance the battry failed it was unrecoverable even with a proper charger.
    So I took the bike into a bike shop and they said the wrong battry was fitted? and fitted a new one which 1 year down the line is knackered :( I borowed the optimate 3 from S&S left it pluged in for the whole of last week. The indicators went from 30mins flashing green light another 30 minuites permanent green light. I found on the internet that this means it is doing the right tests and that there is no fault with the battery. Then today having tried it for the first time after charging it all week. it started, got me to Ashford then waited for it to pee down and desided to die on me? More bloody expense :cry: .
    Having looked at the Oddysey web site they dont actually list my bike?
    I have tried 3 of the of the top end batteries £100+ and I would have expected longer life I might give Varta I try and at a fraction of the cost unless anyone has bad news about them ?
    http://www.batteries4motorcycles.co.uk/battery/Motorcycle-Battery-YTX12-BS-12v-10Ah-Varta-AGM/231/
    Will do but not got a meter to do so yet :(