1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Retirement Rideout Sunday July1st

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by megawatt, Jun 26, 2012.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I have plenty of spare time nowadays mate. Have a ride down and we will do some checks. Not necessarily the battery that is at fault, could be, as I said earlier, reg/rec or alternator???

2. adam

adam Twist N Go +

That would be great, when you free next ?:thumbsup: I will put it on charge until your free so I know it will get me there. You might have to jump start me to get me back though? Can you Pm me your addy and number cos I am sure i will need to fill the bike up during the ride to you being the firsty bugger it is. And no doubt it will fail to start again leaving me waving people down to ask for assistance then causing me to be late.

Cheers

3. megawatt

Like I said mate, permanently off from now on. stuff to do at home , but nothin mad urgent. I have a trailer mate, so don't worry we will get you home. will PM my number.

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

2 tone 017 (350x263).jpg Alan had already retired from the ride by now :hah:

5. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Re: the battery issue, if it's charging to full but then dies when used it points to an issue with the bikes charging system. Stator or reg / rec are the usual culprits. :thumbsup:

6. megawatt

Thanks Dave, you must have been busy

7. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Erm... What?

8. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

In terms of battery choice, the Striple is rife for battery issues because it doesn't have a decompressed starter like many bikes coupled with it being fitted with a stock 9AH battery and lights that come on with the ignition not the engine, it's common for the battery to flatten while starting the bike.

Most users upgrade to a higher AH battery, usually a 14AH. Same battery code usually, just swap the 9 or 12 for a 14.

9. adam

adam Twist N Go +

Hi Skortchio and thanks, megawatt said similar,but cos I dont have a meter I cant tell if it even charges fully. He is going to check it out for me tomorrow morning :thumbsup: top bloke. I think we need to have a hero button added to the forum.

Skortchio likes this.
  10. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Good stuff, just be aware of his 'payment plans' :rofl:

Roadwart and adam like this.
  11. adam

adam Twist N Go +

All ready in hand will have my solicitor read over any small print.

Skortchio likes this.
  12. adam

adam Twist N Go +

Heres a copy of the first payment toptechtoolstosaveyoutimeandmoney.jpg

Roadwart, Sporty1200 and kitten_art like this.
  13. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

That is all kinds of strange!