1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

2. Please remember that when you have sold an item to contact a moderator to change the title prefix to SOLD.

This makes it easier for users to see whats still available.

For Sale Cheap runabout car (put the word out!)

Discussion in 'Non Bike Related Items.' started by Finchy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Having just taken delivery of a new car, we now have three sat outside... so this one can go. Even if it's no good for anyone here, can you put the word out as I really can't be arsed with putting it on eBay (due to the tyre kickers it attracts)?
    FORD MAVERICK XLT 2002, 2lt ZETEC PETROL, 89,000 MILES, FULL SERVICE HISTORY, SIX MONTHS TAX (FROM END OF JULY), MOT UNTIL FEB 2013, LEATHER INTERIOR, 4x ELECTRIC WINDOWS, ELECTRIC SUNROOF, ELECTRIC MIRRORS, SWITCHABLE 4x4 (DIFF LOCK), LOAD COVER, ROOF RAILS, AIR CON, 6 CD CHANGER, 5sp MANUAL, POWER STEERING, LIGHT SMOKED SIDE WINDOWS, 18” ALLOYS WITH LOCKING HIGH-SECURITY WHEEL NUTS, ALARM AND IMMOBILISER, REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING, ALL ORIGINAL HANDBOOKS AND OLD MOTs.
    ULTRA-RELIABLE, ECONOMICAL ZETEC ENGINE. CHEAP INSURANCE.

ALSO INCLUDED;
    ORIGINAL SET OF 15” ALLOYS FITTED WITH MUD & SNOW TYRES
    ORIGINAL CLOTH SEAT COVERS, HEAD RESTRAINTS AND DOOR CARDS
    £1950 or OFFERS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

That's what you call a CHEAP car ???:eek:

3. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Er, yes. I dunno Alan, you and your wallet!

4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

It is very clean.

Finchy likes this.
  5. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

shame about the tax band and fuel economy otherwise would seriously consider it

6. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Yes, I guess the tax is higher than on your Focus. TBH the economy's pretty good since it has the Mondeo engine and runs as front wheel drive until you flick it into 4x4.

7. deano81

yeah trying to reduce costs on the car front :D leaves more money free for the bike then lol.. currently getting about 38mpg from the focus so anything less than that would cost too much in fuel ... downside to living out in the stix and a 40mile round trip for the wife everyday just for work .

8. deano81

passed on the posting details anyway matey , gonna send the details to a customer of mine who deals with 4x4's and the like as alot of the locals live out out further in the middle of nowhere so he might be able to find a taker for it

Finchy likes this.
  9. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Shame to take that off road...counts me out! lol :D

10. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Whilst it was ok in the snow, I wouldn't recommend taking it off-road (well not compared to my old lightweight LR with RR 3.9 V8 running gear... oh how I miss that old beast :()

11. Les

Les British Superbike +

Hope you find a buyer in these tough times. Would that be an 'air portable' LR? I had a 2.25 ex-RAF in sand yellow for years for the daily commute/family car. Then a Series 1 which was even better.:thumbsup:

12. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Yep, that's the one - square arches an' all. It had a 2.25 unit when I bought it... but that got binned in favour of the fruity tones of the V8. This was 20 years ago when fuel was cheaper and I still lived in Zummmerrrrzet.