1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

22nd September Lydden Trackday

Discussion in 'SECB Track Days' started by lammyR6, Sep 12, 2012.

1. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

haha, well think of me riding with that bag on my back there and back, holding camera all day and squinting as through it, especially trying to find you on the track like a Black Ninja

lammyR6 likes this.
  2. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

cheecky bugger will have you know it was a royal enfeild:)

3. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Nice pics MaDProFF!

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

no wonder you had trouble mines a black R6 not a Ninja :lol: still loving the pictures so well done for finding me hiding on the tarmac ( well above the tarmac :D which was nice to achieve after a fresh re spray )

Just have to get you out on the track next :D

5. MaDProFF

Ninja was referring, to you being all black in disguise hiding amongst the tarmac, on a side note, why is that bike called a Ninja, and Bright Green that you can see a mile off? still a good day., me on the track, yeah when no one else is out there :p

6. MaDProFF

Now if you were wearing a Helmet like this then no trouble at all finding you :)
    Lydden_22-9-12_74R9579.JPG

7. BlackHornet

Not my best videos by some way, i think i tilted the camera up to much so mostly tarmac but no crashes :D

lost likes this.
  8. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

intresting to see the power differnce tom it seems to be the start of the straight you gain.trouble is you catch some of them that blatt the straight and stop on the corners i find really hard to pass where a little more power would make the difference mabe using the r6 next year after all;)then i will be one of them:hah:

9. BlackHornet

i'm not so sure, i start to gain on the corner ( getting on the power earlier ) close the gap right up then you manage to pull a little back on the first 20 yards or so. Thats where i was expecting to pass you. then it's not till you lift just on the brow of the hill i manage to drive ahead only to find someone blocking my path again :mad: Even up the hill from the elbow i didn't have enough pure power to get passed. Those 400's do move and i'm still not using the R6 right :fume::fume::fume: i'm getting better on it but can't keep it singing in it's sweet spot as they say :rolleyes:. Any track with 30 yards more on the straights thou and yes you would be swallowed right up :D The big sweepers a pain on the 400 thou as you do need to have forth from about half way around to get the speed coming out, i didn't have to worry there :D just third gear needed.

10. BlackHornet

some better videos, camera supplied by JimG, Rider Leila with supporting roles by 31 other bikers :thumbsup:

SpiritofFreedom, Ducky and lost like this.
  11. MaDProFF

Lydden_22-9-12_74R9787.JPG Lydden_22-9-12_74R9845BW.JPG Lydden_22-9-12_74R9958.jpg Lydden_22-9-12_74R9962.JPG Lydden_22-9-12_74R0406.JPG Lydden_22-9-12_74R0421.jpg Lydden_22-9-12_74R0519.jpg
    Found a few more and a couple of interesting ones too. It is quite interesting to see the different lines taken, especially in the fast group how they corner on that top corner.
    Lydden_22-9-12_74R9845BW.JPG Lydden_22-9-12_74R9958.jpg Lydden_22-9-12_74R9962.JPG

BlackHornet likes this.
  12. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Some more great shots!
    Love to know whatTom was looking at, in one of them! And I am glad I couldn't see what was behind me, look like I was about to be mugged!
    The guy on 63, hee hee, that helmet is brilliant!

13. BlackHornet

Leila's lap times :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

47's 48's :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ok only based on youtube timings and me doing the maths but i did double check. a few times. :giggle:

now the bad news i think that JimG's camera's may be lying as my mega expensive fully wearable covert recording system was recording my best times in the 50's and my worst times too :D 51's to 56's ish i haven't checked all but i can't see me hitting mid or low 40's, to be able to get passed Leila.

14. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

She did look much faster than you other than the couple of laps she coasted round and let you passed :D

lammyR6 and BlackHornet like this.
  15. BlackHornet

it's true she does look faster, i even saw the video you set up for pervs :p to watch. In that she is very smooth, appears much quicker than me plus moves around the bike without making it wobble :rolleyes: i think thats just a weight thing thou and just not possible for my weight group. :lol2:

JimG likes this.
  16. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

It's certainly not possible with my lardy a*se!

BlackHornet likes this.
  17. MaDProFF

Tom did you phone up re that dodgy looking track bike for sale there?

18. BlackHornet

nope i'm hope ducky will see sense and just give me his :D well or i win the lotto

would normally say that a bike like ducky's would be far to good to take around a track but seeing my very clean R6 in your pictures i think i might be becoming a tart.

Ducky likes this.
  19. MaDProFF

Tom here is another one, don't know what sort of bike it is even, though does not look cheap? http://www.675.cc/675/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=13042

Quite like this photo, still going through them, loads and loads, and I have to sort out a load of wedding photos I shot a few weeks back for the happy couple for Sun morning, I know which ones I prefer editing :p

Attached Files:

20. BlackHornet

cheers mate, sounds like a pretty good bike bit more than i want to spend, maybe , but it has the same pipes as leila's r6 :D doesn't say where in the uk it is thou.