1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Winter Warmer Trackday @ Brands 2nd Dec

Discussion in 'SECB Track Days' started by lammyR6, Nov 17, 2012.

1. ninjabob

ninjabob Street Fighter +

I have to ask the question - was it in any way sensible or responsible of this company to organise a track day in December in the UK?

Was there a total disregard for your safety?

Could someone have been badly hurt or even killed?

Did they sort of "test the water" by seeing how many of you fell off on the first bend?

How many motor cycle races are held in the UK in December?

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

they do their best, the track was salted and they send out cars and bikes before sending us guys, the track just got worse rather than better. By the time they noticed a few had come off, but that happens even if it's dry :whistle:
    The good thing was that at the speeds most of us where doing it wasn't really going to hurt :D

Garya likes this.
  3. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

To be fair, we are all adults. We were briefed and told several times, take it easy, it is slippery out there. Ride to the conditions. Trackdays don't automatically mean full throttle. Hats off to all those that went down, I heard no complaining about 'why' they were letting us out if its so slippery.

And as Tom said, they did send cars and their own riders out first to test the circuit before anyone was let loose.

We were still pushing 100+ miles on the straights...just some didn't slow down enough for the corners...:barefoot:

alexs and Garya like this.
  4. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

does that bit about the corners include me Gareth lol

5. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

If you check the weather over the last 10 yrs on that weekend, tbh you would have find it quite mild, or maybe damp, there was a couple of years recent it was bad, but not really had bad weather in early December for many years, so you cannot blame them really for organizing it, I bet it was nr sold out so certainly a demand for it.

6. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

you pays your money you takes your chance,
    it was still a good day and 3 sessions for about £20, not bad for a day out

hoppielimp and Stars and Stripes like this.
  7. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Well I wasn't thinking it at the time...but now that you mention it...yes :)

Garya likes this.