1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Kent Air Ambulance Run 22/7/2012

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Roadwart, Jul 31, 2011.

1. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

:chppr: Definitely aim to attend this one :chppr:

2. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Jim, as per previous discussions I'm happy to play cornerman/tailgunner. Will try hardest not to loose you again this time. ;)

3. RetryRider

RetryRider Commuter 500 +

Certainly be up for this :thumbsup:

4. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I don't mind wearing Flouros for a good cause...:)

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Thanks for the support guys & gals, I`ll definitely keep those offers in mind for this. :thumbsup:

6. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Happy to help if I'm about

Jim and Roadwart like this.
  7. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Wot you talkin' bout, I lost you! (Hem hem)
    We will certainly be looking at having designated marshalls/corner men/women. Discussions are underway as to how best we tackle this so watch this space.

Hanna likes this.
  8. StevieDee

StevieDee Off Roader +

Count me in !:)

Roadwart likes this.
  9. Roadwart

OK everyone, its about time there was an update to this post so here it is.

Kent Air Ambulance have cancelled their open day at Marden this year. :(

As there is an "official" run in aid of this in September (details are in the biker events section) Jim & I have the idea that we could maybe support a different charity for this years run or even do a run for a different charity each year (assuming the "official" run is going to happen again next year).

So, I`m asking for you lovely guys & gals to put forwards your suggestions for a charity to benefit from this years run.

I`ll start the ball rolling & suggest Demelza House Childrens Hospice. We could do either a monetary run as we did last year for the Air Ambulance or a toy run. I was also thinking (assuming Demelza House agree) it would be nice to ride to the hospice so the kids can see the bikes & we can meet some of the children & families we would be helping.

So if you have a favourite charity, pop their details up here & we can discuss (or if necessary, vote) who we can don`te to this year.

JimG: I still have the proceeds from the BBQ in the SECB account mate as I was going to add it to this years run but if you want it to go to KAA, I`ll separate it out & send it to them. :thumbsup:

StevieDee likes this.
  10. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Yeah it's a real shame about the KAA Open Day, but after lengthy discussion and numerous e-mails we (Paul and I) felt that they weren't able to offer a suitable event to attend and were finding it hard to accomodate the number of riders we anticpated being able to stir up, for a 'stand alone' event at their HQ. So whilst we intend to support their official MC Run being organised in Sussex in September we both felt that we should look for another worthy cause that can benefit from the clubs generosity and cope with the number of bikers we intend to organise.

I have been on Pet food runs (runs out to local Animal Charities) and Toy Runs as Paul has decribed above and they are always a good crack, ideally we need a charity that will have space to accomodate us on arrival and one that can facilitate us doing something when we get there, even if it means just showing us around/ or letting us have a look around . Perhaps also the ability to supply refreshments (which we pay for of course) so somewhere with a canteen or something would be great. This last bit may sound strange because we are obviously trying to do something good for the needy without getting payment in kind, but just turning up and handing a cheque over in a car park then all 'star-bursting' off again is a bit of an anti climax, it's nice to have and end result even if it's just a cuppa tea and a fag.:cig: :hcof:

I'm a bit of animal lover and animal charities (especially the smaller ones) are always keen to accept pet food and bedding, I have strong links with one in Biggin Hill called FOAL Farm who I will nominate, having said all that I am aware that not everyone is an animal lover so this may well not be a popular choice, which is cool, each to their own. What's your idea?:thumbsup:

Roadwart and kitten_art like this.
  11. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

For me, it would definitely be the animal charities of which there are so very many, who are struggling like you would not believe right now.
    Sussex Horse Rescue Trust are a fairly local one. There is Kit Wilson, Hadlow Down, Cat's Protection, Blue Cross at Catsfield, Last Chance at Edenbridge, could go on and on.

Sporty1200 and Jim like this.
  12. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

have to be the Rainbow Trust for me

13. StevieDee

StevieDee Off Roader +

Demelza House is good for me! Its local too me.
    :)

14. Roadwart

Some great suggestions people! Keep them coming in :thumbsup:

15. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

i would say Guide dogs for the blind or RLBI .

16. Roadwart

RLBI? Not come across that one Yoda. You don`t mean RNLI do you?

17. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

its Yoda's choice RW and Paul does like the Royal Lady Boys Institution, :giggle:

Personally i dont mind which charidy, just happy to attend. Some great sugestions though.

ShootBob, deano, kitten_art and 2 others like this.
  18. Roadwart

19. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

And Why cant we Support these Lady Boys they have a hard time in life and our monety could make a diffrent to 1 boys life he could now become a women and pay us all back

kitten_art and Sporty1200 like this.
  20. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Demelza House also does it for me,
    I do have some contacts there, as I did a charity working trip to Africa with them,

kitten_art and Roadwart like this.