1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Kent Air Ambulance Run 22/7/2012

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Roadwart, Jul 31, 2011.

1. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Just a suggestion......but does it have to be just the one run for charity? :whistle:

2. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Normally I would say "Of course not" but as I know that a good amount of you will be supporting the "official" Air Ambulance Run in September, I didn`t want to put any more strain on peoples pockets than the government has already.

I`m aiming to have this one in early August which is around the time we would have done the KAA run. If anyone wants to organise another run, by all means do & post up the details. :thumbsup:

3. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

I shall have a ponder on this one then. See if the braincell can come up with something different :thumbsup:

Jim likes this.
  4. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

The more of us 'ordinary' members that can come up with ideas for rideouts and stuff to do, the better for everyone and the Club. There is no reason why the Admin people should be the only organisers and I know they will welcome input and leadership from others who want to do stuff, I am a rank and file member of the forum and they have supported me in my efforts to organise the 1st Weekender Rally in July, so go for it Kitten_Art!:thumbsup: You have my support.:tup:

5. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

:hug3:

Jim likes this.
  6. Roadwart

Couldn`t have put it better myself James!

Anyone can organise a charity ride & we have 2 forum banners any organiser is more than welcome to use for their event. :thumbsup:

7. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

i personaly think 1 big meet for us all i.e like the Air Ambulance is far better than loats of diffrent ones raising money for wells in africa or homless bagers in Estonia - as RW said in earlier post this gets expensive to people and then people just will not turn up then it looks crap !

8. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Was thinking along the lines of a treasure hunt or something.........fun for us AND raise money for charity. Just trying to think of something with a twist

Russell likes this.
  9. Roadwart

Treasure hunt sounds like an excellent idea Sharon! Or a poker run where "playing cards" are strategically placed round an area. Everyone solves clues to the locations & when they find the card, note it down. Whoever gets the best "hand" at the end of the day wins a small prize.

10. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

None of it's compulsory Paul and I agree I have little time for homeless badgers in Estonia, you turn up to support the cause of just enjoy the ride but a ride with a purpose is more fun than one without (imho) :) Why limit meets to just one big one? lots of little ones are fine if just 2 turn up and they want to go ahead with it then that's up to them but Idon't think it'll do the club any harm and think we should encourage people to take an active role in organising stuff.:D

Russell, kitten_art and Roadwart like this.
  11. Roadwart

Don`t forget, the original KAA ride started off as me saying I was going to the open day & asking if anyone wanted to come & it snowballed from there.

I`m happy to continue with the one I`ve started as a "big" club meet but as Jim said above, if only 2 people turn up, its still 2 more than would have otherwise gone. :thumbsup:

kitten_art likes this.
  12. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

13. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

Plans are afoot...........more to follow at some point :rubhands: ;).

14. Yoda

Yes sort of agree mate with more organising bit but what if people really want to join in on a rideout but can afford the £5.00 or £10 .oo per bike entry. Will peope take offence if someone does not pay then if a few people dont pay what is the point of it may jus be a meet / ride out. just my thoughts !!!!

Jim likes this.
  15. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

i liked helping out with the air ambulance just for the fact that as a biker there is a chance that one day they may help me or a friend out, so i would like to suggest something in a similar line...............

how about helping out Biker Down as set up by our very own Jim ?

16. Yoda

Dawn Said the exact same to me tonight have you to both been talking ......:whistle:

Jim likes this.
  17. Roadwart

Now that is a VERY good idea Tom. Considering Jim & KFRS have helped us all out in some way or another even if its just with a free biker down course I think its the least we can do. :thumbsup:

18. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

glad you agree mate. not only will it help the course carry on by raising money it should help increase interest in the course and maybe show those in charge just what a great course it is and encourage them to carry on their support.#

not tonight i haven't ;):hah:

Jim, Roadwart and Yoda like this.