1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Why I will never ride in France

Discussion in 'On the Road!' started by R1 Chickie, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

No bike IS jail time!

2. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I think you're all missing the point, France is a nice place but the White flag merchants spoil it.

3. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

I am sorry, but if you are caught by the police in France you really do deserve an enormous fine!

DSC_1059a.jpg

_Yappa_, lammyR6, Sporty1200 and 5 others like this.
  4. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

I rode in France Loads of times - Mainly with Outer forum Never Had a Problem even when we all got a telling of on the way to Lemans .. Some Great roads there and would never Rule it out - You should try it ,,,, and you opion may change - i can be in Calais or Bolounge Quicker than i can get to the Blue Boys cafe and Seing i get a few free tunnels a Year and Few Free Boats Cheapre too .. ;)

5. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

love riding in france and even in the car, more open roads less trafic, bliss :)

Yoda likes this.
  6. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Yes Is a great Place looking to get away Maybe in sep for Long weekend to Stmalo / brittney if anyone is intreasted -

deano81 and ramrider like this.
  7. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

T, do you do track days? I only ask because you can go as fast as you like on a track and not get points.

I know it's probably not the same as going fast on lovely roads, but it could be like a dose of methadone for a heroin addict. A substitute.

_Yappa_ likes this.
  8. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

I will also never own a vibrator if you get my drift ;)

9. Les

Les British Superbike +

What, you borrow someone else's?

Sporty1200 likes this.
  10. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

Vibrators aren't exclusively for solo use only, if you get my drift. ;)

11. Les

Les British Superbike +

Yeah, our library rents them out. :rofl:Hey this could be a better thread than...Why not to ride in France.;)

Sporty1200 likes this.
  12. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Noooooooo, I dont do substitutes. Its the real feeling of freedom on the open road or nothing for me :D

13. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

Well, I would suggest that you'd be missing out on a different and new experience, but I've never done a track day so wouldn't be able to say that will all certainty. :whistle:

14. Les

Les British Superbike +

You really shouldn't be using a vib on the open road.;)

Choco likes this.
  15. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

If you haven't ridden on a track, then you have ZERO idea what you're missing.
    Do it, do it now and never look back!

It's why I'm so slow and sensible on the road thesedays.

Yoda likes this.
  16. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

See, I can't wait until I'm able to do a track day. I just can't bring myself to go crazy on the road (not to mention the fact that I ride a 125, with a top speed of 75mph :sleep: ) . I'll get my speed / crazy ride kicks on a track eventually.

Maybe "substitute" was the wrong word to use. Thinking about it, it has to be entirely different kind of experience. R1Chickie, you should do one, just to try it out. Not think of it as a substitute, but as something different.

17. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

I want to comment but am enjoying this conversation way too much to spoil it!:ron2:

lammyR6, Yoda, Sporty1200 and 2 others like this.
  18. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

It's a mental experience, the first laps you're cruising around thinking "this track is massive, it's so wide i'll never need that much space" and 5 laps later you're screaming "there's not enough room, the track is to tight!!"

:hah:

75mph isn't a bad speed, long as you don't slow down in corners ;)

Yoda likes this.
  19. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

that why a few people tried to increase the track but going off road then :D

20. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

shutup and get back to talking about vibrators

Finchy and Jim like this.