1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Why I will never ride in France

Discussion in 'On the Road!' started by R1 Chickie, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Choco

Choco Commuter 500 +

Sure. So, how many do you own?

Yoda, BlackHornet and Roadwart like this.
  2. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Maybe it's too much thinking about vibrators that distracts you on the corners??? ;)

ramrider and Jim like this.
  3. Norfolk Ged

Norfolk Ged Twist N Go

you have to be doing over a ton for them to bother you on the auto routes ? ive been over to France for the last 20 years and do over 5k a year in france on my bikes and have never had any issues that were not my fault !
    i am going over to france for 3 weeks this sunday then home for 2 weeks then over to magny for the WSB
    Spain is far worse as is Austria and switzerland regarding the targeting bikes , a couple of friends got caught doing over a ton on the way to Assen this year and got done €1,400 and nearly lost thier bikes ! so its the same in every country, have fun but pay the price if you get caught

Deebs likes this.
  4. ScottieB27

ScottieB27 Street Fighter +

Just got back from a week in France. 24hr Moto Race and a few days in the Loire region. Great roads, high speeds and only a couple of police cars :). Would recommend it to everyone. Just don't use the 95 grade fuel, stick with the 98

Deebs, LATE and ramrider like this.
  5. LATE

LATE Street Fighter +

And they were only on the edge of villages, where the speed limit started :thumbsup:

or, well advertised by the bike friendly french drivers :D

ScottieB27 likes this.
  6. Deebs

Deebs Guest

i'll second that , French are Bike friendly warning of spped traps ahead and issues with French police easy enough to avoid if you dont go mental in built up areas or autoroutes. We've had our silly days at 150+ on auto routes but that's all best left in the past now and saved for Almeria etc. :)

7. Les

Les British Superbike +

Only just read this. Is the 95 fuel no good due to the veg oil additive they use?

8. ScottieB27

ScottieB27 Street Fighter +

Yep, not good

9. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

I've riden through France 3 times now and never had trouble with the police. No matter what country you are in you need to respect their laws and regulations. I'm an Aussie and as T will tell you, it is VERY strict over there in regards to speeding and filtering and any other activity on a bike. But if you ride considerately e.g. slow down in towns, let loose on major open roads or windy roads, then they tend to leave you alone. Even when fanging it from the GP at Spain.

As for track days. I ride a Hornet. Previous a ZZR. Hubby is a great amazing rider who's done a shite load of track days and lots of long rides in Europe, Australia and here. He finally convinced me to do an 'easy' track day (i.e. Lydden) to help improve my cornering and improve my speed (on corners) and improve my confidence which I only did 4 weeks ago. I say to anyone who rides who hasn't done a track day - DO ONE, DO MANY!! You'd be surprised how much you learn, how much you can push yourself and your bike, how much speed or how little speed you can do, braking/soft braking/swerving/overtaking...the list could go on. I'm keen for next summer so I can do one a month with hubby.

Just thought I'd put my two bob in!! :giggle: