1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

S1000RR - The Rebirth!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Ducky, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Ok finally pulled my thumb out today :D and fitted up the new wheels and tyres after getting them balanced (with new C59 brake pads). Also fitted up the rear Ohlins while the wheel was out (made life a lot easier)!
    Was also tinkering with the HM and Bazzaz loom, talk about mission with all the plugs...so I left it for another day! :giggle: Might have a tinker tomorrow if I get a chance.

My phone cam makes the wheels look purple :eek: but they are actually candy blue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lost, Fergy, deano81 and 1 other person like this.
  2. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

i pigging hate you:) lovely job mate looking good.any news when your be back out on track ?

Ducky and Les like this.
  3. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

The title says Rebirth, is this an Elephant pregnancy?
    looking good Chris :10:
    you won't want to put it on the track as it might get a bit of dust on it :eek:

Stars and Stripes and Ducky like this.
  4. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

only if he follows us:D

Stars and Stripes, Ducky and Garya like this.
  5. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Well I'd like to get back on track this summer with the 600, to see how it goes....haven't got full movement in my neck, but no need to look behind you on track! Lol :D

6. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

And in an update on my track bike I recently put some stickers on it :)

Ducky and Roadwart like this.
  7. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Not when everyone else is in front of you as would be my case on a track ;)

Ducky likes this.
  8. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

So cracked on with the wiring in of the HM quickshifter and also the Bazzaz ZFi unit, nightmare with all the plugs and having to piggyback each one twice! :eek: Made fitting the tank back on a little tight but it went on in the end :D (cue split wire somewhere). However once it was done it didn't start :( so I took it all apart again and traced it to the Bazzaz unit and a bad earth, interesting as the diagnostics checked out on the 911 unit and the Bazzaz software loaded up and values were coming back. Once I redid the earth it was perfect, bit odd though.

Quick piccy of the HM loom fitment in progress and the Bazzaz loom laid over the airbox etc.
    [​IMG]

Then after lots of faffing about I finally got it all connected up and tie-wrapped in place, not as neat as I'd have liked, but there were so many wires and plugs you just couldn't hide them anywhere! :thumbsdown:

[​IMG]

Still need to find where is best to mount the small HM shifter LCD, so may leave that until I have some bodywork on it....and still have to make a plate up to mount the Bazzaz unit in the rear subframe. Fitted the renthal grips too while I was in the garage, followed by the tank centre panel and the carbon side panels (only bodywork to survive! lol).....tis starting too look like a bike now!

9. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Unfortunately now I could fire it up properly, a leak has appeared and there is a fine crack in the radiator plastic :(, but I'm hoping I can melt the plastic or something to seal it (where the filler pipe fits on the rad).

Still, it didn't stop me wheeling the bike out into the sun so it gets to see daylight for the first time since the accident! *yay* :D

[​IMG]

lammyR6 and deano81 like this.
  10. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

that is some serious bit of kit

11. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I'm hoping it'll go as good as it looks! :D

12. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

Let Tom try it out for you

Roadwart and Ducky like this.
  13. BlackHornet

no worries but i don't promise to return it :D

looks good. you could try using a soldering iron and melt so old fairing into the split?

Ducky likes this.
  14. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Its looking fab-u-las, like a work of art far to good for a track bike

Ducky and Les like this.
  15. Amancalledrob

Amancalledrob Street Fighter +

This brilliant thread has led me to the discovery that I can afford to insure an S1k... looks like it's time to start saving :rubhands:

Ducky likes this.
  16. BlackHornet

Yes but haven't you noticed just how much time and money ducky is putting in just to make it nearly as good as his old cbr :)

Ducky and Amancalledrob like this.
  17. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

Duct tape??

18. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Or Ducky Tape ;)

_Yappa_ and Ducky like this.
  19. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Haha :D

_Yappa_ likes this.
  20. Amber

Amber Moped

Amazing :bow: what you can do with a little bit of spare time Chris!! Love the pictures too.

Ducky likes this.