1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Garage Storage

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by Russell, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Considering storing my motorcycle clothing and helmets in the garage seeing as I now have one in order to free up space in the house...do people think I might have a problem with damp if I do this?

Was thinking of either getting some strong brackets from B&Q and fixing something to the wall or this http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90140063/ from Ikea which apparently does exactly the same job as the biker tidy's you can get but at a fraction of the cost.

Any input appreciated.

2. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

unheated garage i would expect your gear to suffer

3. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

I keep all my gear in the garage, hasn't had any negative effects in the past couple of years. As long as your garage is dry, you could always use covers and some silica pouches to keep moisture at bay.

4. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

yep as long as garage is dry and well ventilated, damp wont be an issue. and the rack looks good for the price, not sure if the top part is wide enough for a largeish lid though.. couldnt see any dimensions on the site but then again i wasnt looking that hard lol

5. TunnerUK

TunnerUK Guest

I keep all my gear in my garage, it is nice and dry though so my gear hasn't got at all damp.

6. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Yep, all of my gear is in the garage. I've got a specific wardrobe for it! Dry and tidy... mmmm.

7. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

if cardboard doesn't get affected in your garage then your bike kit should be ok
    i would use a kitchen larder/appliance unit and just put a hanging rail in it.

8. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Russell - if you want it, I've got a spare clothes-hanging-type-thing like this;
    [​IMG]
    From memory, it needs a new hanging rail, but a cut-down broom handle will suffice. You'll just need to come and collect it from my place. The shelves on the side are the perfect size for helmets etc.

BlackHornet likes this.
  9. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

you could have removed your sunday best from it before taking the picture :p

Finchy and Roadwart like this.
  10. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

If you don't want it I would be happy to take it off your hands, would be good for keeping the dust off as well as just storage :)

11. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Are those your dresses in there Jay?

12. Les

Les British Superbike +

Heh heh, can just see him in those...tufts of body hair all stickin' out.:laugh:

13. alexs

alexs World Superbike +

Sounds like you've thought about that vision a little too much Les...:eek:

kitten_art likes this.
  14. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Yeah, was thinkin that! I'll be out today Les!!!:eek: Only kidding, but if you misbehave , I'll tell Jackie you've been in her wardrobe again.

15. Finchy

Finchy Guest

That's not a tuft of hair, it's my penis.

16. kitten_art

kitten_art Race Rep +

:eek::speechless::swn:

17. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

:yright: good information, too much detail!!!!

Finchy likes this.