1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

13-04-13 & 14-04-13

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by Russell, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Les

Les British Superbike +

Good to meet up again, sorry Daffyd but didn't realise you were 'one of us' in the Willow. We went from there to Wrotham where some headed for Brands while the last 4, inc me, went back to the 7Diner for pancakes.:thumbsup:

Daffyd_of_the_shire likes this.
  2. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Good ride and such lovely weather this afternoon, I was actually too hot!

3. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

My pancakes much better than yours Les, but I thought they were more Scotch pancakes than American ones.
    Sorry never checked the Forums once out. Good ride, wet roads this morning, good in the afternoon, except a few places water running, bike filthy again :(, even after a ride this morning :(
    Good to see ANOTHER STR out with us today :) we ar etalking over the world, hope you had fun Westystreet.
    On way home from the 7diner, that 2 up on a BM, we followed for a while, after I let them pass not liking people following for to long seeing it was 2 up, (Could have been Mr Plod I guess with pilloon trying to films us :) stuff that being that pillion though:) he lean't that thing right over a few times.
    Heh, Daffyd I never saw you either, well done though mate for sort of keeping up, test soon?

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

good turn out for the willow :thumbsup: i think 11 bikes, nice to meet a few new faces, those that went to brands got to watch some good racing but i will have to try those pancakes next time :pcake::pcake::pcake:

5. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Turned into a cracking day :sun2:, after a slightly damp start. Sorry didn't see your posts Alex and Roadwart. Great to meet some new peeps and catch up with others not seen for a while. Had a fun ride, despite a veeeerrrry long diversion to Yalding. Saw some great racing at Brands too. Just gutted I mssed out on the :pcake:. Hope you all ate lots for me :D

6. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Thanks for a great day guys...The conga from the Willow was a bit hit and miss but once we got going it was a good run. Nice weather and good company...Brands had some good racing and was a good laugh too...Thanks again guys...

7. Daffyd_of_the_shire

Daffyd_of_the_shire Twist N Go

My first meet up from here and i didnt drop my bike or stack it in front of anybody!
    Thanks to all those who patiently waited for me.........i thought best to head back in search of dry roads and caffeine.
    It Turned out really hot so I headed up to the 1066 cafe via Crowborough! for sustenance then back through to Wessons for another cuppa before heading home to wash the bike and pee for England.
    New boots played havoc trying to change gear so if you heard me revving the nuts of my bike.......thats why!!!

So in answer to the test........
    Ive done the theory......so Mod1 should be nailed soon! :)

8. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

was good to meet you, you didn't really hold us up either, large groups always get spread out when there is traffic about.

9. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

And when there are people who get lost because they are geographically challenged :)

People thought I was lost in Rye today. I really wasn't - honestly!

10. MaDProFF

Points I will remember about today:-
    The Sunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, oh! and the Rain, and some wet roads,
    Arriving at 7diner in the morning, and thinking crap my bike is back to filthy again :(
    Gravel and sliding on it.
    Rus jumping off his bike at some RED road work traffic lights as it had been turned away facing the pavement, he pointed them in the right direction again, for the main ones on the A25 to turn green and leaving him behind. (The yellow LUX road work van with flashing lights told me that the main lights were working and the temp ones were to be ignored :devil:
    Spinning the back wheel after pulling away from a red light under the bridge in Nr. Edenbridge, where you do not see the lying water very wheel.
    Slowing down to let Rus pass, only to have a car coming around the next bend towards me half across my side of the road.
    Tony watching Les and I eating Pancakes :)
    Talking about Spearmint Rhino while the waitress a young 17 yr old standing at our table, only to state ahh it is ok she does not what we are talking about, asking her, she smiled back and said "err Yeah I know what it is" !smiling! for then another comment, yeah her other part time job :(. lol.
    Sure we rode around a diversion twice, it went on for ever.
    7diner has an endless filter coffee fill up, then thinking hmm prob not a good idea a load of us hyped up on 3 cups of filter coffee and jumping on motorbikes
    That 2 up BM going around a bend nr Hartfield way too fast, I bet the pillion shit herself, pegs look close to touching in my books, and me not thinking shit I am now going around this bend dam quick following them.
    My new tyres are better than my old ones.
    Hitting the red line at least once for the first time in a while.

Good day out and nr 200 miles

lammyR6, kitten_art and Panel Man like this.
  11. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

My first real run of the year, and very nice it was too. Smashing weather in the end :sun1:, but still a few areas of :eek: , all part of the fun. Thanks for your company everyone, and a special mention to Les for the tea at The Willow. Here's to the next one (ride that is, not tea!).
    Sorry I disappeared at 7 Mile Lane, household duties beckoned. Hope you all enjoyed the rest of your afternoon.

12. Daffyd_of_the_shire

13. Daffyd_of_the_shire

14. Les

Les British Superbike +

Neil in pic 3 "Oi you, clear off".

BlackHornet likes this.
  15. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

A bit of hi-vis & blue and yellow check and it could easily be "You're nicked"!

I always had Neil down as an easy going sort of chap, but he looks really aggressive there. What had you done Daffyd?
    Good pics by the way. It was much wetter than I thought too.

16. NAPA121

Lol..Cheers Les

Tom penultimate pic...'heil hitler'

17. NAPA121

I was just admiring Daffyd's Drift Cam...I do look a bit aggressive in the pic though :oops:

18. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

For Russell and I it was like watching 'Right Said Fred:slap:' Eating Pancakes:lol:..... The Coffee and Walnut cake was just fine :cake: had a great day

BlackHornet likes this.
  19. MaDProFF

20. Westystreet

Westystreet Learner

Yeh was a good ride out and some good racing at brands!! Was good to meet you all even if I was advertising another forum :p.

Told you guys I would sign up to this one had a great day and rode some nice roads I have never done before!!

Cheers all and thanks for having me :D.

lammyR6 likes this.