1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Why do we have two FB pages ?

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by hoppielimp, May 13, 2013.

1. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

As the title states....can't we merge or just get rid of one ?

2. jack_bm

jack_bm Sport Tourer +

Once we know which one were using or keeping any chance i can have a link so i can join it? not on the facebook one

3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

We ended up with two as one was under a different name for a while. A new one was set up while this forum was being set up. The problem is that you can't merge them. We could close one but which? .

4. hoppielimp

Just pick one and post on the other one that it is closing and to join the other....

GixxerGilly likes this.
  5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Close the one with the least members seems to be the sensible option.

The facebook page was set up as a back up should the forums go down for any serious length of time so members could be kept informed rather than as a "facebook forum"

hoppielimp likes this.
  6. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

https://www.facebook.com/groups/22234791371/?ref=ts&fref=ts(is the busiest) One of the groups is an open group --so that means anyone on facebook can see the posts ,users details etc, the other one is a closed group --ONLY members can see the posts and your details are not on display to everyone on FB . As someone said they cant be merged :nah:
    Roadie I am not sure if ll those in the smaller group are in both the groups though ??

7. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

Bloody hell! There's TWO!! Which one am I in?? :unsure:

GixxerGilly likes this.
  8. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

I've just seen this post - Yappa's question is mine as well! I'd like to belong to the one which isn't closed, please! Pretty Please..? I'm sorry I was as emetic as a person can be on Twitter when I saw the Before and After pics. I was only joking... [insert nervous laughter] :oops::rolleyes:

9. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

you can add remove yourself from either -- Admin approves members on both sites - it just mean you dont have to bother being a member of the open one as its for public viewing of anyone anywhere :OK:

10. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Shouldn't we be discussing this on the other SECB forum. It does after all have far more members and some really interesting posts.

You are on the other one aren't you ? :giggle:

_Yappa_, Roadwart and BlackHornet like this.
  11. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

I started them both but we coulnt change the name of the first one - I think we changed as best we could and the plan was to close it but they have just runalong side together - the original one was KSB . Then we opened the one for here . Its funny how these sites have been running since this forum (and before) started - now we have a thread on the forum about them ?? lol

12. hoppielimp

can we merge close one of those FB pages....and invite everyone across...or
    change both to invite only.
    Post on one site that we are moving to the other site.
    Open them both up for a week
    Make the remaining one an Invite only again.

Its starting to become annoying.

_Yappa_ likes this.
  13. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

As I suggested before, close the one with the least members. Unfortunately I can`t close it as I didn`t start it. The REALLY annoying thing is the groups are supposed to be a forum back-up & not an alternative to here.

GixxerGilly likes this.
  14. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Interesting one has over twice the amount of members. but I suppose the owner of each site does not want to give it up.

GixxerGilly likes this.
  15. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Why do we have a FB page, what's the point of this then, it seems more things are happening on FB rather than on here, I'm not on Facebook or have any interested in doing so..

16. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

FB pages are not going to go away Tony, it is all about ease and convenience, I do loads of other things on FB, where as to come on here as a forum it is another function I have to perform, and the less and less this site gets used, the more and more we use FB. I prefer Well Run Forums, where the layout is easy to use, easy to find info with sections, that are well constructed, it is a good source of data in a subject I am interested in.

But FB is killing forums, only another one I used in photography hit the dust after 8 years due to people only using FB

rbl10, deano81 and Tony like this.
  17. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

+1

Tony likes this.
  18. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

+2
    Me to! i hate facebook thought it was for birds. From what i understand alot of rides etc are now getting sorted through facebook ! It spoils the object of the forum.

Tony likes this.
  19. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

And to be honest where are all the Moderators", I don't mean Tom, Leila, Paul & Alan but haven't we got a few more?

GixxerGilly likes this.
  20. hoppielimp

Gilly...can you close down one FB site please...I think the open group has the least members....maybe invite them to the other site first....or something....

deano81 and _Yappa_ like this.