1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Why do we have two FB pages ?

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by hoppielimp, May 13, 2013.

1. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

I wouldn't say fb is the way to go tony, only if your comfortable using it, as for people posting on fb more than the forum then that's down to the members I/we cant make you do either . with facebook its easier to write any old post as you can just fire one off from your phone whilst your sitting on the train/bus/toilet I guess, that's why you'll possibly find more "posts" there. and alas the younger generation seem to live on fb these days so I guess it just comes naturally

2. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

Refering to the *other Forum* .. due to dwindling members and posts, I beliave they are cutting back on the tech side (bandwidths and games and suprlus to a forum things ) we have thee most basic of Forums here (front Page ;)) and only works with the input of members, and if we all get a bit tetchy at times ... that proves we are interested in its well being :whew:
    Just all play Nice ;)

3. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I actually don't think FB is replacing this site at all, it's just another addition. No way do we get all these discussions and threads on FB that we get on here. And, due to recent negative experiences on FB, I also feel safer on here to be honest. I have FB due to having a lot of friends and a fair amount of family living abroad and it's just easier for us to keep in touch and share what we are up to. I have joined a couple of FB biking sites but I have to say, when it comes down to it, I prefer checking in here than into the FB SEC site. :ghug:

_Yappa_, megawatt, Tony and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

I still think FB does not compare to the site, I joined the site to go on rideouts etc with like minded people, With Facebook it seems you get to find out what people are having for their dinner (made up example) etc etc, I'm not interested in all that to be honest.

_Yappa_, hoppielimp, megawatt and 2 others like this.
  5. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Ahh Tony I was gonna ask you out to Dinner tonight,,,,, not gonna bother now

_Yappa_, lammyR6, Tony and 1 other person like this.
  6. deano81

as I said mate fb has its uses and tbh I cant be bothered to type it all out in pros and cons... what fb has in its favour is instant communication... if that's your thing. and your right tony most of it is mostly absolute crud. to be fair it was originally envisioned as a way to keep up to date with your friends etc, send messages and share photos and the like.. then some people realised you could have informative pages for companies and services and just like the rest of the internet a multibillion pound enterprise was born... . if you want to just share a photo with someone or a group, or reach new people with a product/service etc, or quickly get information to someone then fb can be a useful tool I guess.., but its such a dead feeling experience in my opinion and somewhat a pain to navigate. and don't even go into security and freedom of personal information etc

Tony likes this.
  7. deano81

ah and don't forget you need to like all those posts or your going to get bad luck,herpes,raped,killed or whatever else it reckons gonna happen if you don't up the likes on a page/group so that can then be sold on to unscrupulous people for spam/scam or whatever ;)

8. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

you are generalizing Tony - thats what some use facebook for lol urgh ..... but on the whole its a site that we all (take in, and the off set of that is, we have a SEC bikers forum(and a load of others , if needs must) to be used by full forum (who prefer forums) or also for people that cant be arsed OR third provider does not permit opennig of forums. Sadly its a move with the times .... A ND WE as a forum have to . hence why both the Forum and FB is a happy medium for everyone ;)

rbl10 likes this.
  9. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

Why not get a life and stop all the moaning :p

GixxerGilly and megawatt like this.
  10. Tony

I do have a life mate,that's why I didn't want to join Facebook... Not moaning just want this site to continue and not go over to Facebook. Let's end it there............

JimG, lost and deano81 like this.
  11. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

:htlr:

lost likes this.
  12. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

hey guys dont get Tetchy .... This is a forum . you choose to be a member and contribute and join in . face book is a free for all -- and something that almost EVERYONE uses for whatever their reasons . Its informative and has groups and info on all topics, its easy to find things and also easy to find sites/groups ... and thats what our FB group does ,, hopefully draws people to here . We have had NOT ONE but TWO face book groups - so the *GOING OVER TO FACE BOOK* is not even on the cards, when the two groups have run together along with this forum since we started ..... we have closed one down now and hoping that we can get our URL's all pointing to this forum, not diverted , to *another* forum .
    Tony I take it you have reasons for being so anti facebook ? its not that bad and when used for what means you need its a good site. its NOT a Forum though . but we can hope to gleen members here from their . as anti as you are - there are those that are anti forums -- see a post I posted earlier ... we have to live with face book ... and we have to have a facebook group too - to keep on par with all other forums .. -who , like us would prefer people register and use the forum - but we cannot make people do that .

_Yappa_ and lost like this.
  13. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

Are you |Tony Langdon ?? Cos that name keeps coming up on my face book friends bit ?

lammyR6 likes this.
  14. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Yes that is Tony Langdon, We Forced him to join FB :rubhands: he Loves it too :)

_Yappa_, GixxerGilly, lammyR6 and 2 others like this.
  15. Tony

B******s Do I! :coat:

deano81, JimG, lammyR6 and 1 other person like this.
  16. deano81

aww don't be like that tony... I heard you were getting into it so much, that by next week we were going to have regular updates as to what you were doing,eating , thinking and watching on tv :laugh:

_Yappa_ and lammyR6 like this.
  17. Tony

B******s Will I! :coat:;)

deano81 and JimG like this.
  18. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

This can all be read by non members ? Just logged in from iPad after regrettably downloading 7 so had to re Log In .... But was able to read lots of the forum #just saying ;)