1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Rideout, Lenham to Folkstone

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Patyogi, May 26, 2013.

1. Patyogi

Patyogi Street Fighter +

Rita the upfront lady, Bill my Bruv, Richard and Paul.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Getting the rays while we can, first time Bills been out properly since the autumn.

2. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

IMG_0664.JPG IMG_0665.JPG IMG_0666.JPG True, that bit was great, but the start for Roadwart and me was pretty good too. Tunbridge Wells to Bell's Yew Green, to Lamberhurst, to Goudhurst, to Sissinghurst, Bethersden and Pluckley via the back roads then Charing then, magically, (and thankfully!) to Lenham. Happily PatYogi led the way to Folkestone. He claimed when we arrived at the Cliff Top Cafe that he had no idea where to go, but it sure didn't seem uncertain to me. What do I know? I could just feel RW's chortles into his helmet at the lines I was taking around corners trying to keep up.
    IMG_0667.JPG IMG_0668.JPG IMG_0669.JPG
    Not exactly a Michelin write up, but if you happen to call on the cafe at Lenham, you may wish to stick with something deep fried: I think Rita's chips were better than my sausage sandwich. Both were meat free. Haven't met Bill before - what a brilliant bike! Sounds fantastic, especially without baffles [ahem] ;). Bill headed home and the rest of us then decanted to Capel le Ferne for a lazy hour or so watching France, sipping tea and eating coffee cake and ice-creams (Genuine, Bedooine 99s if anyone's interested). Pat and the Lovely Rita then departed for Deal and RW patiently tucked in behind for the return to Tunbridge Wells. The final picture shows us trying to rid our helmets of the ants which had decided they are terrific places to set up home on a hot, sunny day. Not a problem I've encountered before! IMG_0664.JPG

3. Patyogi

Patyogi Street Fighter +

Good one Richard, will you be about 2 morrow, might try and meet-up with Mega? Cum'on you can do the garden Tuesday in the rain!

4. Patyogi

Patyogi Street Fighter +

You need the action, especially what you and Reeta ate. :disco::drink: :pizza: Paul:cigar:

5. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

I'm aiming to be at the Hawkhurst Fish Farm between 10:00 and 11:00 as instructed. (Might squeeze in a second breakfast). And the garden and catching up on desk work will just have to be done in the afternoon when Mega Man turns into a pumpkin.

I didn't actually see Rita ('Reeta'?) eat anything at all. Not a thing. And the ice cream was white, so that doesn't count.:rolleyes:

6. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Really enjoyed today. Nice ride down to Lenham with PanelMan on a good choice of B roads :thumbsup:. Richards direction finding is improving as we only missed 1 turning which was very quickly rectified. Nice to meet Pat, Rita & Bill, although its a shame Bill didn`t stay for the ride down to Folkestone, would have liked to hear his bike at full chat.

Was a good run down to the Cliff top cafe & Richard, you weren`t the one struggling to keep up ;) Nice run back, finished off with coffee at chez Panelman & arrived home at about 7pm. Did about 130 miles from home back to home again.

Looking forwards to the next run out :thumbsup:

EDIT: forgot the pics
    20130526_152442sm.jpg 20130526_154625sm.jpg

Panel Man likes this.
  7. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Great write up and pix guys. Sorry I couldn't make it today and only got just over 3 hours tomorrow, but will make the most of it.;)