1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

cameras and tracks

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Russell, May 29, 2013.

1. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

I have seen vids of lydden but generally are tracks OK with cameras on bikes?

2. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Tracks are not a great lover of cameras, as they record instances that could lead them to fault, also it records instances that may not best for them as a business. I would say some tracks do not allow, but that said if they do not see they cannot stop.
    Nurburgring DO not allow cameras, if they see them they will stop you at the gate and make you take them down, do you see loads of videos of nurburgring laps, :)

3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

most track day groups allow cameras but they have to be well fixed to the bike, i think the fact you sign away any rights means the organisors don't care :thumbsup:

i've heard nurburgring doesn't allow them but then that is a road not a race track :rolleyes:

4. Amancalledrob

Amancalledrob Street Fighter +

The ring don't allow cameras but it's very easy to get around that. You just pull over 100yds past the barrier, whip it out from under your jacket and put it on. I took mine off coming back off the finish straight but I'm not sure I needed to bother.

5. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

At snetterton at the weekend, they got a guy next to me in the pit lane to remove his helmet camera.

_Yappa_ likes this.