1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Bike safe course

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Micky, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

hi guy just booked a bike safe course being held at bexhill fire station on the 25 sep for £50 there are still places avail if anyone is interested i think they also have the 23rd and 24th.

if your interested here's the webby www.bikesafe.co.uk

Sporty1200 likes this.
  2. Snowman

Snowman Learner

I have been on the bikesafe course at Bexhill. A very interesting and rewarding day I would recommend to anyone.

3. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Good posts guys, Bikesafe is excellent!

4. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

I can't wait it does sound very interesting

5. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Done it twice with the Met, good days out...and doing it got me off a speeding ticket :)

6. reeseyboy

reeseyboy Sport Tourer +

Would defo recommend the BikeSafe courses. Just seeing how smooth the Police riders are is reason enough to do one!

7. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

may have to check my calender always handy to know when the police bikes are being used up and not out on the road :hah:

we were sorting out a bike safe for us with Phil but seams to have gone quiet :snore:
    will have to remind someone ( weridfish ) :think2::poke::poke::poke:

8. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

I wonder if Phil concentrates more with the sponsors ? When I spoke to him, he said he was quite close to Chandlers (since they sponsored his silver BMW for the Bikesafe Days) and I should keep intouch with Chandlers for these sort of days... I did one with Phil a few months back at Groombridge Motorcycles at Cross in Hand, that was courtesy of Groombridge :)...another sponsor. A good and informative day all in all with Fire Bikes there too.

9. guy

guy Moped +

This is on my list for next year - April/ May time
    For those that have done it, what's the format for the day... classroom/ bike/ classroom/ bike?

10. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

It's a great day out! Spent a couple of hours in morning in the classroom. Then you get put with your "instructor" for the day. When I did it there were only 2 of us to each police rider. We went for a run out, taking turns to lead the ride. Stopped for lunch and feedback on riding position, style, speed etc. Another ride back to the station and then more feedback and brief classroom time. I really enjoyed it and definitely got a lot out of it. I reckon it helped to ensure that I stayed in one piece whilst riding in Thailand for 10 months!

Am tempted to do it again to see if I have managed to take on board what I was taught first time round!

11. Aengel

Aengel Guest

Will try and get to this.

12. Phatboyslimming

Phatboyslimming Moped +

:bhead:i keep meaning to do one of these ...........

guess its going to have to wait till next year now, when the:sun2:comes back out !!!!

13. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Well I did the course today what a lovely day for it thank to the man upstairs for the rays :)

[​IMG]

All sorts of bikes turned up think there was about 12 of us.

Order of the day was starting at 8.30
    In the classroom watching a variety of films with discussions and safety do's and donts till lunch at midday which consisted of a variety of sandwich platters with diff fillings, quiche, sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, crisps, tea and coffee with
    biscuits throughout the day.

Then after lunch you was put into pairs and out for a long ride with an instructor taking 2 people where you alternated in leading the ride and pulling over roughly every 30mins or so for a chat about your riding and any views or comments the instructor wanted to address etc etc

In total our group did 70miles in roughly just over 3hrs one of the other groups notched over 110 miles so it's all down to your instructor at the end of the day how far and how long your out.

A very enjoyable informative and eye opening day we even got a goodie bag consisting of pens, cup, baseball cap, hi vis jacket, leaflets and mag, badge, keyring and police rider motorcycling booklet all in a handy backpack all for £50 !!

I would highly recommend to anyone who has not done anything like this or is half interested.

14. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

I did the Bike safe course at Bexhill on Friday, it was fantastic only 6 riders, I had the pleaseure of riding out on my own with Phil Barrow and Fire Bike guy Mick from Haywards Heath fire station, nearly 100 miles covered with the sun out all day.

To be honest the course has given me the chance to enhance my riding, I just need to get more miles under my belt.

I mentioned SEC Bikers to all including Phil.

I can highly recommend Bike safe at Bexhill. :hotw::hotw::hotw:

ramrider and Roadwart like this.