1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Brake Discs

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by NAPA121, Jun 2, 2013.

1. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Can someone recommend me some good brake discs for my Yamaha R6 (2004)?

Maybe a url link as that would be handy.

Cheers

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

is anything wrong with the ones on it ?

i have cheap chinese wavies on mine and they are ok :thumbsup: but if there is nothing wrong with the ones on there i would leave them alone.

3. NAPA121

4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

If money is no object, obviously buy the best that you can afford Neil. Brembo and Galfer are very good, but there's not a lot wrong with most OEM discs. Personally, I'd stay clear of Chinese discs!!! A rear wavy on my Blade developed cracks very quickly and you can forget about warranty claims with Chinese stuff, they don't give a $hit. Some are OK and cheap, but not many.

5. NAPA121

lol....Mate...I'm only fooling...they are some expensive discs :eek:

I'll probably just go with OEM as you say but wondered if there were any others worth considering...

6. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Don't buy Chinese if you can afford better.

7. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

not all chinese discs are bad, many OE parts are made there to save costs but it is hit and miss when ordering. some people have reported warping on the first time using them. many others like me will have had them for years. About 4 years on my R6 and riden on tracks and sometimes subject to fast road riding :D

the first thing to do is get some good pads and uprate the hoses :thumbsup: it should give more than enough stopping power for even fast group action.

8. LATE

LATE Street Fighter +