1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Possible Rideout - Sunday 14th August - Dest: Bury Hill

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by Ducky, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

May have this coming weekend free (depends on a few things) so looking to get out on the bike again....thinking of planning a route to Bury Hill to make a change....don't know the way so it would be a case of choose some roads and follow the map.

Prolly start at Blue Boys and go from there....depending on how many join, I will print off various maps with times and stops for those who want to start later or enjoy a longer chat and meet us there etc.

Will update this post as I get closer to the weekend. :thumbsup:

***Updated***
    Meet at 1066 cafe for 10am, leave for Bury at 10:30am via way of Megawatt's route.
    If anyone wants to meet at Blue Boys earlier and run down to the 1066 cafe with me then let me know. :thumbsup:

Sporty1200 likes this.
  2. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Cool, Whiteways at Bury Hill do a 'Gourmet Burger',,,,, Ha, ha... 'Gourmet Burger', almost a contradiction in terms.. they taste good though.. :)

3. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Don't fancy the afghan heroes ride?

4. Sporty1200

Great cause but to busy for me.. id rather go where the roads are clear, the open highway before me, the smell of the pine, clear skies, freedom of the road... eh.... :disco:

5. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Nah, I'd just donate instead cause it's a good cause :thumbsup: and as Sporty says I'd rather be blasting around some clear roads instead...:sneaky:

I know, they do awesome tasting burgers.....another reason for going there! :D

6. Les

Les British Superbike +

I'd be up for this is weathers good but where's Bury Hill? Afghan heroes & the others are deserving causes, we're especially involved with Combat Stress & the BRC but I'd rather stretch the SD's legs a bit (kinky eh?) as I've been unable of late.

7. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

Bury Hill is on the A29 North of Arundel

Les likes this.
  8. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I fancy this. I have a route from my place on my Tom Tom. Bendy B roads nearly all the way??

Ducky and Les like this.
  9. Sporty1200

Check out 'Whiteways', i should rename it Bury Hill, in General rideout sectrion, Cafes Meeting places, http://www.southeastcountiesbikers.co.uk/forum/forums/8/

Les likes this.
  10. megawatt

We could go to the Black Rabbit at Arundel as well???

Sporty1200 likes this.
  11. Sporty1200

Like the Black Rabbit, good food, beer, river view, :thumbsup:

12. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Sounds like a good option - fancy posting the route so I can have a butchers? :thumbsup:

Don't know the black rabbit (or the area) - but could be a possible stop-off point on route, however I'd like to maximise seat time if possible...so blast to Bury, eat and blast back in simple terms. :)

13. megawatt

Will do a bit later mate. Need to find my Tom Tom.

Ducky likes this.
  14. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

possibly of interest...:) gotta check on timing...I was out West today...Steyning, Amberly, Whiteways, then went off to Loxwood, Ifold, Hambledon, then back down to Petworth and then to Heathfield on the A272. A nice but quite windy day.

15. Hanna

Hanna Street Fighter +

Might be up for this... need to check a couple of things for the weekend but should be clear. :)

16. megawatt

17. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Hmmmm, now you have got me having second thoughts. Plus Im in Brighton so would be easier to get to Bury Hill then to Ebbsfleet. Twist that rubber arm!

18. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Maximum saddle time sounds good, I'm in... Subject to the usual complications.

19. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

I have done Alan's route before and it was a good ride, however A272 turning south down the A29 at Billinghurst is easier lol...

20. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Lol, lots more plod on the 272 though Russell. ;)