1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[aug 10, 2013] Secb Summer Bbq 2013 (10/11th August 2013) (marden, Kent)

Discussion in 'Non bike Related Events' started by Roadwart, Jul 16, 2013.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Get on with it.

2. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

got back at 12, nice clear roads and a surprisingly fun ride home... Myself and carrie have a had a brilliant night, was great to see every one, and meet a few new faces too .. great food, company and the location worked really well... definitely think we should do this again next year :thumbsup: only downside was we didn't have time to catch up with skortch, but was good to see you made it. big thanks to paul and sue for arranging it all:whoo:

GixxerGilly, Roadwart and Skortchio like this.
  3. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Just got in!
    Was a nice quiet ride home (clear A13), great to see you lot albeit briefly. Deano snuck off without saying goodbye and Alan... Don't know where he went to :rolleyes:
    But a good night all round, put some faces to names which I'll promptly forget. Don't take it personally, I'll remember you when I can put a bike to the name.

Was carefully watching my mpg and was dead impressed to find myself 10 miles from home having done 80 miles from 95% of a tank and still having 75% left :D
    Then I floored it for the last 10miles and now I've only got 50% :eek:

Roadwart, deano81, lost and 1 other person like this.
  4. Les

Les British Superbike +

Thats better after a shower. Nice field, good company & turnout so looking forward to the next one already. Special thanks to Paul & Steve for & bbqing & to Sue for those cheesecakes.:thumbsup:

5. Biscuit

Biscuit Commuter 500 +

Sorry didn't make this things did not turn out the way it was ment to. Hope you all had a great time there.

6. deano81

sorry dave, did go to say goodbye but you seemed deep in conversation at the time, plus you had only just got your grub from the looks of it so figured id leave you in peace ;)

Skortchio likes this.
  7. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Back home now, still need to unpack the car.

Glad everyone had a good time & got home safely :thumbsup: Was great to meet a couple of new people & see some old faces again.

A few thank you`s are in order.

StevieB & Lindsey for the PA system, extra gazebo, Extra Genny, BBQ & also helping with the cooking.
    To Sue for the excellent spread & also Choux buns & Cheesecakes.
    To Les, Jackie & Liz for helping with the final clear-up.

Special thanks go to our hosts, John & Katie for allowing us to invade their wee patch of southern England & allowing this event to take place even though they had something else going on this weekend.

I think we can call it a successful weekend & as such, we have already secured the site again for next year with permission for some "added extras" to make the 2nd SECBikers summer BBQ bigger & better :D

8. Roadwart

Forgot to say, I have appeared to have gained 2 fold-up camping chairs. If anyone is missing them, give me a shout & we can arrange for them to be returned :thumbsup:

9. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

thanks to everyone had a lovely time sorry i had to leave early this morning:rolleyes: and not help with the clearing up.
    paul the 2 chairs are mine cheers

10. Roadwart

No sweat mate, they are safe in my garage :thumbsup: Was it the music that drove you to leg it early? ;)

11. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Was a great evening. Thanks to Paul, Sue, Steve , Lindsey and everyone else who contributed to a great get together. The firepit was excellent.

12. Kentish Hellcat

Kentish Hellcat Learner

Eating choux-buns in a field with fellow bikers....summer doesn't get much better than that! I had a brilliant time, thank you, it was so great to meet a few of you . It was a fantastic night with a lorra lorra laughs and i am looking forward to next year's too. Big thanks to Paul, Sue, Steve & Lindsey for bringing everything and laying on such a spread for us....including a loo! And John & Katie for the field. Hope to see you all again soon . :)

lost, Steve B, deano81 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Steve B

Steve B Street Fighter +

What better way to spend a Saturday! Good company, good food and a few too many beers <%) Thanks to Paul and Sue for coming up with the idea and all their hard work. Also thanks to John and Katie for letting us invade their privacy. Was good to catch up with some friends and make some new ones. Plans are ongoing for a bigger event next year, so watch this space!!!

14. Roadwart

Steve, Spoke to John this morning & he said they can`t wait for the next one so it definitely wasn`t the drink talking ;)

Kentish Hellcat, lost, Les and 2 others like this.
  15. r1jay

r1jay Race Rep +

can you make the next a weekend when im not working please. i like the idea of sitting in a field getting drunk. not that i do it very often though. maybe 3 times a year

GixxerGilly and Roadwart like this.
  16. Roadwart

Will probably be about the same time next year for the summer one Jay assuming its convenient with the hosts. :thumbsup:

r1jay likes this.
  17. SteveeP

SteveeP Sport Tourer +

WOT? No pics?

GixxerGilly likes this.
  18. deano81

think the wife got a few so will sort them out and post them up

19. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

Gutted I could not make this (was at Oulton Park, Cheshire) will def be there next year if its not a Race weekend :) and wheres the piccies ??

20. Les

Les British Superbike +

Is there a plan for something similar this August? Really enjoyed it last year.