1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Helmets

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Micky, Aug 8, 2011.

1. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

take a trip to seaford and speak to Tim at bikerbitz
    nice bloke and can be forced into discounts :poke:

2. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

didnt think he was still trading

3. BlackHornet

expanded just a few months back :thumbsup:

4. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Yes Used to Be on another Forum but Belive him and The owner of the Site Fell Out .... Could not Beliver that ..:D

Sporty1200 and viking killer like this.
  5. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Well after much ado from here to there trying this on and that i popped over to groombridges today and came away with a shoei qwest :D matt black with red detailing 1st ride tomorrow morning woop!!

hoppielimp likes this.
  6. Deebs

Deebs Guest

Have RX7 , bought it c ause it's the best blah blaah....

...butfavourite lid is Arai Chaser , more comfy day long, quiet and great vents

7. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

i tried em all the rx7, quantum and chaser/v and the qwest just slipped on like a glove (guess i have a shoei head)

8. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

dont supose i could be so rude as to ask how much it cost may i? lookingat purchasing one and weighing up some pros and cons at moment

9. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Cost me £349 from groombridges with the pinlock inset visor.
    Have seen a few websites selling for the same price but adding some freebies. Plain colours are around £60ish less.

Great lid did 200+ miles today in all sorts of weather on a/b roads and a stint on the motorway.

10. deano81

did you get the "bloodflow" design ? shoei-qwest-bloodflow-tc1.jpg

11. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Ooohh, I like that, sort of Darth Maul ish?
    [​IMG]

Perhaps not!!!

12. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Yup that's the one

[​IMG]

13. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

Was in Seaford the other day and always pop by the shop to see what he has, but the shop was gone :(

14. BlackHornet

wasn't about 3 doors up then ?

15. guy

guy Moped +

Mmmm - 'new helmet' smell... :love:

:)

16. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

Well it was 3am and pitch black...

17. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

Hmmm, Im never sure exactly what you are paying all that extra money for, tests have shown that those expensive helmets dont provide that much more protection proportionately to how much more they cost because there is a minimum amount of protection that helmets must offer and that is already very high. Correct me if Im wrong. I am sold on the Nitros, they look great, are so comfy, inexpensive, and they are the only helmet Ive owned that doesnt mist up.

18. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

I have always had Shark ones cost nothing else fits properly. Always manage to get one at a good price by having last years colour scheme.

19. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

its not only price but fit...I agree, there are alot of very reasonably priced helmets out there that score 4-5 Stars on the sharp system. An ill fitting well scoring helmet (cheap or expensive) will do more damage in my opinion. You just need to get the best fitting, best protection within your budget...and then of course people like names and graphics too, but that is an individual choice and how much extra you pay for that...

20. deano81

ive had a caberg trip for the last 2 1/2 years and that was only £80 . been a great lid, 5 stars on sharp.. only issue i have now is that the mechanism has worn out, the wind noise is fairly noticable and the ventilation is rubbish. would buy another one but they are discontinued and the replcament gets slated by reviews... will see if i can pick one up cheap at the nex show in nov tho.