1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

BMCRC racing at brands 5 and 6 oct

Discussion in 'Racing related' started by BlackHornet, Sep 25, 2013.

1. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

The final round of british club racing is happening at brands. Always offers some great racing.

The British Motorcycle Racing Club is the largest of its type in the UK and organises a myriad of championships including Thunderbikes, Superstock 1000, Formula 400s and sidecars. The events are professionally run, contain big entry numbers and feature racing just as close and competitive as you'd find in BSB!

GixxerGilly likes this.
  2. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

if i do will be a last minute decision

3. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I will be there :)

GixxerGilly likes this.
  4. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

I would like to go but also want to ride this weekend as I missed the whole of last weekend.

What day are people thinking of going etc?

5. BlackHornet

not sure yet but sunday is normally the bigger race day

GixxerGilly likes this.
  6. lammyR6

I may be going Saturday depending if I get a sidecar taxi ride at lunchtime that day. Would like to do both days but am dog sitting for a friend so much trickier to get out.
    Will keep you posted as to which day I'll be there. Am trying to find a few tickets as well.

7. lammyR6

Yaaay, I have a spot for a 3 lap sidecar taxi ride on Saturday :disco: !
    I will head up in the morning - will confirm departure time tomorrow, and route (probably via Yalding), in case anyone else is planning to go along.

Roadwart likes this.
  8. alexs

alexs World Superbike +

I would have liked to have seen that :eek:, unfortunately not free Saturday but likely to be around Sunday so will keep an eye on here and see who's out.

9. BlackHornet

well i guess i have to come and watch that then

10. lammyR6

Leaving Hastings at 9.30am tomorrow and then heading via Hawkhurst, Yalding and Seven-Mile Lane to Brands in case anyone else fancies tagging along.
    :)

11. NAPA121

What time are you on track Leila?

Wont come out for a ride until Sunday but should be able to pop down for half hour to watch....

12. lammyR6

I think at about 1pm according to the list. Only gonna be three laps and doubt they'll go as fast as I would like but should still be a giggle!

13. lammyR6

What a great day!! Some awesome racing, a good catch up with friends and.....OMG how fun was the sidecar ride!!!!! I even got to do two sessions so got 6 laps instead of 3. Can't stop grinning :D!!

14. BlackHornet

it was a good day. with some good racing .:D:D:D

Scary crash in the sidecars just before Leilas laps which im sure made her feel confident :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

lammyR6 likes this.
  15. NAPA121

Glad you enjoyed it...Went down there early doors and watched some practice but felt really uncomfortable (giving up) and so took myself out of the situation and went for a ride...

Shame I missed you on the sidecar Leila...i think that you are ever so slightly crazy! :cool:

lammyR6 likes this.
  16. lammyR6

Awww, sorry we didn't catch up with you Neil? We got there around 11ish I think. Why did you feel uncomfortable? Still, going out for a rideout has gotta be good too.
    And yes, I probably am a little mad :rolleyes: :D

17. lammyR6

The grin says it all :)

2013-10-05 13.33.21.jpg 2013-10-05 13.40.33.jpg

Roadwart likes this.
  18. NAPA121

Left about 11:30 so I should have probably given you a ring but I thought you would still be on your way so didn't bother...was also feeling anxious and uncomfortable as i'm giving up smoking so was unsure what i felt like doing to be honest...

Was it scarey? Did it seem fast?

19. lammyR6

Awww, you could have hung out with us. Could have fed you coffee and chocolate instead of ciggies!! (ps well done you)

It was kind of fun/scary :eek: /remember to breathe/aaaarrrrghhhh/ woooohooooo :laugh: /cooooool all at once lol. It felt super fast although I am sure it was nowhere near even a fraction of race pace. I got a good rider though, he overtook all the other sidecars in the first session and then taught me a bit about how to move around the chair for the second. It was so wicked!!!

Serious arm pump though. I will need to do some hard core training if I ever want to have a go at passengering (hmmm, is that a word?) for real!