1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Brands 28th October

Discussion in 'SECB Track Days' started by JimG, Oct 22, 2013.

1. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

my wets aren't even balanced....might have to think about that shortly....or I might just chicken out if its still crazy weather when Monday morning comes around....

2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Thing is, if we turn up, and the weather means it gets cancelled - then at least will get a voucher for the next one! If they don't cancel it then surely it'll be fine on the track :rolleyes: ;) or maybe not :eek: - but it will certainly be interesting lol

3. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

If the storm does develop, and does come to us rather than the French, then there's possible 90mph winds. I'm going to fit a sail to the bike this weekend to take advantage of the tail wind! :witch:

4. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

5. hoppielimp

Will decide Monday morning...If i do decide to go..I might pack my chainsaw as well....

lammyR6 and GixxerGilly like this.
  6. lammyR6

Well, I shall bake some brownies and bring plenty of coffee. That way, if worse comes to worse, we can batten down the garage hatches and eat munchies lol.
    Or we could just all go to the pub :spag:

GixxerGilly, deano81 and BlackHornet like this.
  7. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Bike loaded on trailer and both safely in the garage to keep away from tonight's nastiness. It looks as though by the time we start the worst of the weather will have past and there will be a nice track drying breeze.

Have packed the kettle so bring your mugs and coffee. See you in garage 10 tomorrow.

Rock on Monday moto.gif

lammyR6 and GixxerGilly like this.
  8. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

you got a garage number yet ?

9. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

:kiss:

10. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Not loaded the bike but it will be on the trailer and parked up under the big oak Tree just in time for the storm tonight lol

SteveeP likes this.
  11. hoppielimp

Wets have been put on...40 mins in total for front and back (sounds slow)....car is loaded, but bike is still in garage...will load tomorrow if the typhoon turns out to be a fizzler...

12. BlackHornet

car is loaded up but bike is still parked in the conservatory ( no parking spaces left near the house) so I will have to do that in the morning.

should be a good day the weather is forecast to be clear from 9am onwards.

13. lammyR6

Brownies are baked :D
    Sharon has apparently made chilli to feed a load of us too so if nothing else, we won't be going hungry

Just hope I don't split the zip on my leathers again :oops:

14. BlackHornet

weather.jpg see the weather has improved already

lammyR6 likes this.
  15. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

So does that mean Wads has entered?

16. lammyR6

He has! I hadn't realised even though they told me before the BSB. Doh!!

17. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

So are there any others you've forgotten to mention?

18. BlackHornet

well currently the A21 is closed as well as the Paddock wood road so I will be leaving a little later than planned as there is no point waiting along the road side when I can wait at home. :thumbsdown:

19. hoppielimp

Quite a few roads close, don't fancy getting caught up like last time....taking me over 3 hrs to get to Brands because of diversions....so I don't think I will make it...I think I may even get blown away if I step outside, let alone try and load the bike....stay safe everyone :)

20. lammyR6

Yep, still blowing a gale here and now another blockage on A21. Will just have to wait till it dies down before making a run for it!