1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

What Made Me Smile today ...........................????

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Yoda, Jul 14, 2011.

1. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

Delivering Christmas cards A simple 5 mile trip turned 60 and included my favourite stretch of road twice. Plus my new bike is turning out better than I'd hoped, and I forgot A few cards so I have to go again.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    Eagle, Beelady, Fergy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

Trying to play tunes on the Christmas decorations. Nice to see them back! Steak and chips for lunch at the Pilot and then a ride round on my own. Plenty of other smiley. wavey bikers about and much better then all that fog yesterday.

Eagle, Roadwart, Panel Man and 2 others like this.
  3. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Just invested a good five minutes trying to learn 'Jingle Bells' and am unhappy with the result. Good job I was the only audience. My colleague is unhappy with my lack of response to his recent email because I was ...er, busy, so the whole episode has not been entirely positive. Still, nothing worthwhile was ever easy.

Q: How do I get to Carnegie Hall?
    A: Practise...

Thank you, Roadie, for nailing these up to the top of the page and for avoiding breaking them during the year. ;)

lammyR6, Roadwart and Beelady like this.
  4. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

You're very welcome.

If anyone does manage a decent tune on them, record it & show the rest of us it IS possible.

5. Eagle

Eagle Custom cruiser +

Just found my keys after loosing them yesterday:eek:. They have been run over, but only the back door key is bent. I get to sleep in my own bed tonight without drilling out the lock :disco:. Just need to explain to my boss why I was in Lewes when I didn't have any deliveries there today :whistle:.

BlackHornet likes this.
  6. Lightweight

Lightweight Sport Tourer +

Finally received and fitted a new clutch cable to the Tiger today after it snapped last week, so I'm back on two wheels tomorrow!
    Of course, the KLR and the TY are still in bits while I wait for parts but it's a step in the right direction!

Roadwart, Beelady, lammyR6 and 2 others like this.
  7. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

Watching the little 2 year old daughter of my neighbours trying to roll a snowball in the garden. It's slush now but fell thick & fast earlier.

lisa lou likes this.
  8. james port

james port Moped

had a view of my new bike .its being delivered next week. just reprogramming a second key.
    bit of a backwords step as it has no fuel gauge just a warning light.
    but will be good to be back on the road.
    j

lisa lou, Eagle, Roadwart and 3 others like this.
  9. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

being on the black R6 for the first time in over a year , now with working lights :D

10. Tomasbe

Tomasbe Custom cruiser +

...and I always thought R6 didn't have lights because you were a rebel.

Panel Man, lisa lou, Eagle and 2 others like this.
  11. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

The part for my new compressor arrived in the post today. I'd asked for it ages ago but the spares dept took its time sending it. Now I can start to use my grit blaster cabinet again

12. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

managed to get myself a tv, not bad for second hand either just need to work out how to program remotes to it ! just wish people kept instructions like me, i even found a instruction book from my first microwave from 1984 last week ! :shrug:

13. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

Wow, are you very organized or just a hoarder?

14. Pilbs

Pilbs Street Fighter +

Dragged Mrs Pilbs around J&S on Friday and she had to sit and wait while I was shopping for a change :giggle::giggle:

Managed to get a new lid and a nice shiny pair of boots :thumbsup:

15. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

But did you try on every pair of boots and every lid they had?:giggle:

And it's now your turn to wash up until 2020:eek:

Roadwart, lisa lou and deano81 like this.
  16. Pilbs

Pilbs Street Fighter +

Wasn't far off trying everything on - even if I didn't like it just to get some revenge :giggle:

I do the washing up anyway so was worth the pain :D

Blade rr6 and lisa lou like this.
  17. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

Something wrong there Andy, Mrs Read draggs me round J&S she's dragging me round the bike show on Friday.

Beelady, Pilbs and Blade rr6 like this.
  18. Pilbs

Pilbs Street Fighter +

Just confirmed a 2 day trip to Northern France doing a treasure hunt for July.

Really looking forward to it.

Also will be doing it with people on Harley's and moving sofa's - so for once will be the fastest one there :hgiggle::hgiggle::hgiggle:

19. Orbea

Orbea Off Roader +

Hi all! Just been out on my new, (well, nearly new, new to me anyway), Suzuki SV650. I love it!! BIG smile!
    I used to enjoy riding my old Inazuma 250, but this is much more what I've been waiting for.
    (Sorry I've not said much on here since joining about a year ago, but never felt like riding too far on a limited size bike. Hoping to get out a lot more now).
    And!! I managed to remove the stupid bright orange health and safety warning sticker off the petrol tank last night. Much better!
    Cheers all!

hoppielimp, lammyR6, Roadwart and 8 others like this.
  20. Eagle

Eagle Custom cruiser +

Back from showing off my secb clothing in Prague :thumbsup:, it would have been rude not to. Now I am home I just need to watch out for pot holes and not try and find the route through them.

lammyR6, Roadwart and BlackHornet like this.