1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

What Made Me Smile today ...........................????

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Yoda, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

Meeting Lightweight, and others at the Triumph launch evening. On the way out I met a member of the Street triple forum as well and had a quick look at some of the mods on his bike. Could have stayed all chatting all evening but we were lucky enough to be given a lift there so didn't stay late.
    Nice evening, hanging out with friends and looking at the new Bobber and scrambler. Looking forward to seeing the new Striples in March.

lammyR6, Panel Man and BlackHornet like this.
  2. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

Bike passed it's MoT with no advisories :thumbsup:

3. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

Good, I wish that I could say the same. My bike passed the MOT but I had to padlock the pockets down by my ankles. The Scots half of me is in pain.

4. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

I'm reeling with that image... I don't even need to know which half is the Scottish one.

lisa lou likes this.
  5. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

Ah, I meant extra expense after the MOT in addition to the expenses before it.

6. Beelady

The best ride so far this year. Late afternoon traffic was light and the sun stayed in so I didn't get dazzled and the roads were almost dry. It was one of those rides where nothing goes wrong, every overtake worked perfectly and at long last my Conti Motion tyres feel properly good. It's taken a very long time. I'm going to go back to Bridgestones next time. They always feel safe from brand new, even in the wet. The Conti's were on the bike when I bought it and I was too mean not to use them.
    I'm hoping for another day out tomorrow. Still buzzing now, but thought I'd better come home and cook something before everyone else fainted with hunger.

7. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

And there's poor old me clearing out the garage to make room for new arrivals.

8. Beelady

I can't wait for the new arrival. I hope you've done a good job of making an extra space out there :)

9. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

Well if the head hair isn't ginger we know which is the Scottish half:giggle:

Roadwart and lammyR6 like this.
  10. Beelady

http://www.monntek.co.uk/
    I bought myself one of these earlier today. I've wanted one for ages but couldn't afford it. One came up for sale in Eastbourne on the Street Triple forum at a very good price. I should be able to manage this stand all by myself. I hope it's as easy as it looks on the video.

lisa lou, Eagle, lammyR6 and 3 others like this.
  11. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Let me know how you get on. I like the look of it!

12. Beelady

I'm collecting it tomorrow, so I shall soon find out just how easy it really is. It will be really useful if it works for me.

lammyR6 likes this.
  13. phil read

We need A video of your first attempt with the new stand, it might be interesting:disco:

BlackHornet likes this.
  14. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

we could arrange a mass ride out to go and watch live :D

Beelady, Roadwart and phil read like this.
  15. phil read

I'm up for that

16. Beelady

Sorry, no video. Not even a picture as I've never mastered the art of posting them on here. But the good news is the stand is amazing! It's as easy to use as it looks on the makers website. I can fit the stand and get the bike up and down all by myself. I'm so impressed with it. Because the stand is bolted to the bike, even if you try you just can't drop it. If I'd known it was so good I'd have paid full price for one as soon as I got the bike. I paid £35 so I think I got a bargain.
    :mdance:

Eagle and Roadwart like this.
  17. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

The best way to show video on here is upload it to Youtube & either paste a link in here or click the double boxes from the bar above & paste in there to embed the video here.

Icons.JPG

18. Beelady

Thanks for the instructions. Sadly, it's like reading a foreign language to a technophobe like me. I am still struggling with how to use a mobile 'phone and I'm not allowed to touch anything that works on electricity at home. I have heard of YouTube but it's not something I understand.
    Happily I was able to master the stand without an audience or a video camera. :)

19. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Sorry Emma, I thought your were saying you had vid but didn't know how to put it on the site.

Beelady likes this.
  20. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

First time on the bike in months today. Big :) :). Tried my new Hood jeans, quite comfortable and easier on the knees than leathers :)

Beelady, deano81, BlackHornet and 3 others like this.