1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

European Track Day ...

Discussion in 'SECB Track Days' started by Miky_G, Jan 5, 2014.

1. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

So are we going to book Almeria 16th Oct?

2. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

JimG - Yes this is the date i would prefer but i was waiting on everyone to let me know their thoughts.

The details below are what JimG is talking about:

---------------

The dates of the track day(s) are 16/10/14 to the 19/10/14 so with the day before included it will be from the 15/10/14 to the 19/10/14.

The cost of the track day(s): £459
    Flights: £130 (approx)
    Car Hire: £70 for either a Megeane or a C-Max (Total)
    Food + Drinks: £250 (another guesstimate)
    Hotel: Again included in the cost of the track day and as there's no mention of anything included so i'm going to assume its based on self catering.

So around the £900 (give or take) and there's a lot more availability for flights.

As for getting your bike there...Focused events HQ is in Pulborough (West Sussex) which isn't too far away for some of us ! So generally, you can drop off your bike the weekend before or a few days before you're due to leave. You can drop off a tool box and spare tyres etc.

Again this is just sending some feeders out to gather some thoughts and i'm sure that other companies will release dates of up and coming events.

---------------

Anyone that is interested, can you let me know via this thread.

Focused Events require a £200 deposit and they will contact you 6-8 weeks before the event requesting the full balance.

3. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

NAPA121 likes this.
  4. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Right i've done a bit more digging and to get the flights at times and dates that we require we will have to fly from London City into Granada and vice versa.

Granada is 1 hour and 45 minutes transfer to Almeria and £141

Car hire is about £107 for a polo or £130 for a Berlingo

Outbound

15th October 2014

09:10 Take off from London City
    Land in Granada at 12:50
    £91 with British Airways

Inbound

19th October 2014

19:40 take off from Granada
    Land at London City at 21:20
    £50 with British Airways

All of the flight details were taken from SkyScanner.net

Getting to the hotel one day early is not a problem as we have already paid for the privilege however we have to leave on the day of the last track day which is the 19th. We also have to be at the airport 2 hours before departure when we leave so i tried my best to find the latest flight possible and this is what i could come up with. No one flies directly into Almeria on the 15th and on the 19th, the latest they take off (easy jet at £100) is at 11:30am so we wouldn't get any track time on the last day.

I genuinely believe this is our best option, should a group of us wish to go?

5. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Nice work Mickey!
    Wahoo pass granted for me so it'll be rude not to go...:disco:

Below is the discussion I've had with Phil who is also organising going so it'll be good to book all together either via Mickey or Phil (or both if they speak)

Sounds like a good trip forming :cool:

Phil

OK 4 days on track YES 4 DAYS!!!!!!!! and 3 groups only
    First day is 16th Oct
    4 nights hotel accommodation with breakfast.
    Bike and kit transport there and back.
    With Focusevents
    All for £455
    a £200 deposit will be needed on time of booking

Flights from Gatwick are coming in around £80 to £100 return.
    Car hire for every 4 people will come out about £25 per person this all depends on how many go!!!!!!

So not including beer and food money

4 days on track, 4 nights B&B , car hire, and bike/kit transport
    FOR UNDER £600

THATS A BARGAIN A REAL BARGAIN!!!!!!!!

Funnily enough a few of the other guys i do trackdays with (Tom, Leila, Mickey, Jim etc) you have met some before at different trackdays are talking about going to this one too.[​IMG]

Is it worth booking together, separately or as two different groups?

Phil

Well can either get definite confirmation from all that are interested and I will arrange the bookings for all the party
    Same as the flights and car hire if needed I will gladly arrange but need definite confirmation as there is no refunds on flights
    Might get a discount on block booking but doubt it.
    the way I look at it is the more the merrier.

Miky_G likes this.
  6. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

I'm in :tup:and the only way i'll show you how it's done it via youtube :oops:

Miky_G likes this.
  7. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Details all look FAB to me Virgil. I wouldn't be adverse to extending one night to relax and come back on the 20th if that tickled anyone's fancy ;)

Definitely in either way, and happy to commit asap. :D

BlackHornet, Miky_G and NAPA121 like this.
  8. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Looks good Napa. I'm looking forward to you explaining your lines and technique you were using there ;)

Miky_G and NAPA121 like this.
  9. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I'm game !

Not sure about the flights from Gatwick though, can Phil put the details of those flights on here?

If Phil wants to book it all then he has my blessing ! :)

NAPA121 likes this.
  10. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I agree, it could be worth finding out how much an extra night is in the hotel and then fly the next day however the flights you've found d0 look good. Also, if we're checked in online and only have cabin baggage, you can get away with not getting to the airport quite so early :D (I believe one bag can go with bike - or has that changed?)

My one concern is that the airport parking is really extortionate! :eek: It's the same price as the flight! Not a problem if trains run early enough from Hastings/Ashford of course, which I will investigate.

If the flights do present a problem then there is always Gatwick to Malaga airport, although that does add an extra hour onto the drive to and from Almeria. Flights go from Heathrow to Granada but you have to change at Madrid.

Still, I am in :D. Just hope my little 400 can cope with that track! At least I can deal with translation to Spanish if we need it lol.

NAPA121 likes this.
  11. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

I am up for this,
    We went from Gatwick to Malaga early flight, day before first track day
    stayed extra night to maximise track time and extra drinking/wind down time
    block booking is good idea as rooms are based on 2 occupants and you don't know who you will be sleeping with otherwise
    single occupancy is charged at higher rate if space available
    main bag of clothing was sent with bike, tried to collect bag night before from track garage and was a no can do, so hand luggage first nights necessities
    one problem we had was car hire, it was booked but when we arrived all of a sudden there was no car and another was available at a much higher cost???
    Track day riders forum has more people on it that has done these trips so more info on there
    the track days were chronoed so you could be moved about
    hotel is approx. 45 min drive from the track so add that to fuel bill
    Focussed sell the drums of fuel for track day
    another caution when we went to collect bikes etc after the trip some bits were missing, ie toolbox ended up being collected by someone else never to be seen again and returning new tyres nowhere to be found

NAPA121 likes this.
  12. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

I may be able to arrange 1 or 2 cars to drop us off at Gatwick for fuel cost

13. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I phoned focused events today and if we want to stay an extra night then a room will cost £90 based on two people sharing, so £45 each !

Flights home for the 20th ...

Granada to London City, £49, British Airways, 13:35 take off, 15:15 land.

Car hire - £80ish

---------

Almeria to Gatwick, £76, Easy jet, 10:05 take off, 11:50 land.

Car hire - £80ish

It would also appear that if we hire a car from Granada we can drop it off at Almeria no problem.

Personally I don't mind if we stay on an extra day :)

JimG and lammyR6 like this.
  14. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

So just to clarify, the people interested in going are:

Miky
    Lammy
    JimG
    GaryA
    NAPA

Tony + Phil and co

Anymore for anymore?

NAPA121, JimG and lammyR6 like this.
  15. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

My preferences (preferences not demands!) are:

Go out on 15th
    Come back 20th
    Prefer single room and will pay the supplement (I fart, snore, sleep walk, and as everyone knows I am extremely grumpy in the mornings) :sleep:

Malaga does seem to have lots of flights but is an hour longer drive. And its nearly as far coming back.

Lets sign on the dotted line soon so I can then tell the wife. :D

16. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

NAPA - can you do me a favour and copy & paste these recent messages and send them to Phil please? I'm currently doing this on my mobile and its chuffing awkward !

Cheers mate

17. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I'm easy going as well but the 15th to the 20th does seem like a good idea.

I didn't ask about paying the premium but I'll enquire tomorrow for you. Am i right in assuming you want your own room for the entire duration?

18. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

more than a little interested. will see if I can book the time off of work :thumbsup:

lammyR6 and NAPA121 like this.
  19. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Good man ;)

20. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Have just looked on Trackdayriders and a recent post says the single room supplement is £45 a night.