1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

European Track Day ...

Discussion in 'SECB Track Days' started by Miky_G, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I'll share ... if someone will have me lol !

2. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

also as terms of FE you will need separate insurance they recommend four seasons which cost us £45 last time but a lot of peeps have found better, cheaper places

3. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Done for you mate... Have you guys communicated yet?

4. NAPA121

Yeah I would prefer a room on my own too if possible..No drama if not though...Well not for me anyway...the person who has to share with me might disagree :oops:

5. NAPA121

Good man indeed...It's going to be brilliant....Well looking forward to it...

6. NAPA121

Micky...just received the below from Phil. As you didn't receive my email i thought I would post for you here...

Hi All
    OK Here we go
    Flight options are Almeria Alicante Murcia all flying from Gatwick

The best option is Gatwick to Alicante 15/10/13 return Alicante to Gatwick 20/10/13 £85 return car hire £80 for the week.
    Alicante is a 2hr 30min drive to the track/hotel. Murcia is about 2 hrs, Almeria is 1 hr. The extra night sounds a bit expensive, might be best to find hotel nearer airport as easier in morning, we found this out on our Portimao trip.

All options are welcome but would prefer flying from Gatwick as its the easiest to get to for all.
    I will be phoning Focus Events in Feb about booking , and arranging flights then, as myself personally cannot afford to book flights and track day till then.

Ok in our group we have Myself, Dodgy, Tony, Damian, Millie (awaiting confirmation) possibles are Po, Suicide, Lines, Jez, and Keith

Might have a problem getting all seats on same flights, if you want to go ahead and book your flights I understand totally as London airport might suit you better???

Can confirm we are definitely doing the track day on the 16th October

Cheers Phil aka Two Sheds

7. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

I just looked at the flights in and out of Alicante and its £63 in total ! I didn't dig into it too deep (extras for a seat, sick bag and oxygen mask lol!) but it is a 2 and half hour drive.

On the flip side its from Gatwick and we're all be in one big group?

What are we thinking?

8. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

I'm happy to go along with pretty much anything as long as I can get the time off then want ever is easy

9. NAPA121

Mate i'm rubbish at this stuff so i dont know...if going directly to Almeria via London City or Gatwick would mean a massive saving in transport time then i'm game for that....

10. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

The problem is that you can't fly into Almeria until the 16th and you land at about 11:00 ! No one flies directly into Almeria on the 14th or 15th, you have to change planes and in total takes about 8 hours.

The airport isn't as big or as busy as the others unfortunately.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have access to a pc/laptop and I will list and bullet point all of our options/prices etc.

11. NAPA121

ah ok..that's a non runner then...Alicante with a 2 1/2 hour transfer is ok...Maybe we could hire a 7 seater or such like and take turns in driving...it'll all add to the adventure :tup:

12. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

He did say he wasn't very good at this :giggle:

I think its bad enough trying to get us to agree without trying to join in with Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, and Grub. We will meet them there anyway.

Alicante or Malaga seem to have most flights and from Gatwick. I reckon we should pick the flights and book this week.

13. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

I vote Napa as the driver.

14. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Ok, if we're happy with Gatwick then I'll only put that airport in my next set of easy to follow .... jargon lol ! When everyone concerned has read it and is happy than I'll happily book.

NAPA gets a driver vote from me as well ;)

15. NAPA121

I don't mind driving although like my trackday riding, i'm not very fast.

We don't have to wait for Phil et al or book together as a big group, it was just a thought as they are a good laugh and were going to the same place.

If we disclose the details before we book then it might all be compatible but if you dont want to book with them then that's cool too Jim....it was just if the shoe fitted but as you say, we'll see them there....

I'm Relaxed...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  16. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I'm happy to drive too, although hand gestures seem to be the same in Spanish or English so any of us can do those :D

17. Miky_G

Miky_G World Superbike +

Option A

Car hire is about £107 for a polo or £151 for a Berlingo

Outbound

15th October 2014

09:10 Take off from London City
    Land in Granada at 12:50
    British Airways

Inbound

20th October 2014

13:35 take off from Granada
    Land at London City at 15:15
    British Airways - £176.31 for flights including luggage

Option B

Car hire is about £84 for a clio and a focus is about £112

Outbound

15th October 2014

07:20 Take off from Gatwick
    Land in Alicante at 10:50
    Monarch
    flight number - ZB 264

Inbound

20th October 2014

10:50 from Alicante
    Land at Gatwick at 12:30
    Monarch - £81.98 without luggage
    flight number - flight ZB 265

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  18. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

Gatwick suits me better

19. NAPA121

Don't mind either way although London City is a nicer flying experience.....

20. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Gatwick suits me better and has cheaper airport parking.