1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

XenForo?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Ducky, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Have to say I think this forum software is awesome :thumbsup:, much better than any phpadmin stuff I've ever played with before.

Does it need any kind of SQL DB behind it though or is it all contained in the software? :unsure:

2. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

I'm gonna have to quote Roughie and also Fergy in another and diferant conversations.. ' 'All i'm hearing (reading) is blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah''..... soz Chris... aint got a clue... :hah:

3. guy

guy Moped +

Same here... :(

However, having got used to this forum's layout, and what buttons do what etc., this is a far more user-friendly format than the R1 forum I 'frequent'...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sporty1200 likes this.
  4. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

afaik, the web server you install the forum scripting on has to already be running php and sql databases, not sure the exact revision required but most of them ones ive played with require it .

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Chris, yeah its some awesome software. What I like about it is that modifications, addons & the like are all done with hooks so if there`s a core update, you don`t have to reinstall all the twiddly bits.

Taken from xenforo.com

It also supports Imagick PECL natively so if your servers allow it (which ours doesn`t), it will use this instead of GD for images meaning things like animated gifs don`t lose the animation when resized.

Ducky and deano81 like this.
  6. deano81

lol i was just looking those details up :lol2:

7. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Too slow chicken merango! :D

8. deano81

:sfight:

Roadwart likes this.
  9. Yoda