1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

They got me in the end...

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by R1 Chickie, Aug 15, 2011.

1. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

It is, there are 3 going in each direction and just my luck, they always seemed to work!

2. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Quite possibly [​IMG]

3. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

a *you're nicked,* tip............
    It’s all in the delivery. You were speeding, you should have seen him coming, you’re in the wrong and everyone knows it. The next 30 seconds are key: how you come across is going to dictate whether you walk away with points in your pocket or not. If you’re on a stock bike, wearing all the right gear and you’re over the age of 35, you’re already halfway there. He’ll say: “Do you know why I pulled you over?”
    Never say, “I have no idea”. This marks you out as dim. Do you seriously think if you deny all knowledge of everything the cop will just say, “Oh, okay, my mistake. Off you go.” It doesn’t work like that. Be honest. Say, “Because I was speeding”. When he asks you what speed you were doing, round it down 5mph but don’t be daft – he already has a bloody good idea of your velocity.
    Remember that traffic cops love bikes and going fast themselves. If you were riding well but way too quickly or you were splitting lanes aggressively, an admission of your guilt coupled with a wise head will go a long way. If, on the other hand, you’re on a 10 year-old Kawasaki ZX-7R with a tiny plate, an ear-shattering exhaust and you’re wearing trainers and a stolen Arai, well you’re screwed already.

deano81 and Sporty1200 like this.
  4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

yer but your bike has been marked by sussex police :rolleyes:
    you need a stealth bike :ninja:

5. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

~Makes note to avoid riding in Sussex for a while~ :D

6. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

*cough* Essex is nice *cough*

(Nice is a purely subjective term and real experience may or may not give any correlation to suggestion of pleasent atmosphere implied or not implied herein)

Stars and Stripes and Ducky like this.
  7. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

I absolutely agree, Im always absolutely contrite and polite if I get pulled hence the reason I think a) I got away with 8 other times (so I simply ran out of luck this time :oops: ) and b) he went really easy on me, I am pretty sure he actually did see me doing 120 and only did me for 92. He was really nice, we chatted about the TA, he knew a lot about bikes and riding and I asked him if he was a rider and he said "no, he has been in traffic for 20 years and he has to pick up too many damaged bikers", he seemed to have a soft spot for bikers and like I said, sweetly warned me that the guys near Brighton were hot on bikers, we chatted about other stuff too because I was shaking when he pulled me over so I think he was just trying to get me to calm down before he sent me on my way. All round nice guy just doing his job and in fairness, getting 3 points was really getting off lightly IMO.

8. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

thats what i did when i got tugged in may, went past a unmarked police bike on the a2 at 114 weaving through traffic and lane hopping, his uniformed mate was waiting for me on the hard shoulder, i was angry at first,cause i got caught but i calmed down and listened to what he said and looked at a scary video ooo it was me, he said he could have me down for dangerous driving, illgeal exhaust and indicators.But all he said i will put on the ticket 70+, yes sir, thank you sir, never again sir, finished me fag and thanked myself lucky for 3 pionts and a £60 fine

9. Snowman

Snowman Learner

I have managed to keep my licence clean for 14 years. I don't know how as i drive and ride about 50k a year and this is less than in years passed

10. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

mine was clean for 25 years.. my 1st ticket in ages last year, in the fekin car... busted racing my TT with a V6 Golf (unmarked plod).. Muppet... But in court i did negotiate the speed down to below 91 so less fine and 3 instaed of 6 points :D

11. Les

Les British Superbike +

My old 1.8T TT wouldn't beat a pedestrian. However...the 2.0TDI is something else. I just accepted the tickets & think how many times I 'got away with it' whether in car, bike or yes...the ski boat under the Sheppey bridge. It's clean for now but won't hold my breath.

12. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

just order a spare licence now :thumbsup: i hear there's this guy on kings road can knock one up for just £38.00 and you can choose any name you like :hah:

13. Phatboyslimming

Phatboyslimming Moped +

That has gotta be the most insane riding I've ever seen !!!

14. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

Did say they were bastards in sussex......rest my case.....;)

15. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

You must do something about that cough.....altho nearly choked when you said Essex was nice......:hah: