1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

French Frenzy ?

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by deano, Jul 15, 2011.

1. deano

deano Commuter 500 +

booked 28th sept lets hope the weather gods are good to us :disco:

2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Unless my situation changes then 28th is good for me. What time train are you guys aiming for?

3. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

I'm going over on the 9th and 18th already so if i can get the time off i'm in. :thumbsup:

4. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

what time are people getting the train for? pretty sure i can make myself free that day :D

5. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

Train times would be a help, day off booked.:whoo:

6. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

i
    would like to be on the 7 oclock one ??? but peopl here cant get out of Bed ...lol

7. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Bu
    t my ticket is open ....

Shall we all agree the time train to Book ?????

8. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I'm happy with 7am or thereabouts :)

9. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

You're picking me up, right? :D

10. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

So are we going for the 7am ish train as i would like to purchase my ticket soon before i blow my dough on somthing stupid like some new zausts :rubhands:

11. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

I wouldn't mind a final ride over to France before the end of the year... but 7am is a bit early!

A 7am train means check-in at 6:20... I'm only 30 mins away but that means I still have to be on the bike at 5:50 to get there in time. If you've got an hour's ride to get to Folkestone, that means people are starting at 5:20!!

And then you've got the problems of people getting tired on teh way back.

12. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Is there a summary of the main details, names, times etc?, could the main info be put on the secb calenda? i could well be up for it, but it will be last minute.. :D

13. Gazza1

Gazza1 Guest

dependent on getting day off count me in for this :rubhands:

14. Sporty1200

:eek: 6:20 boarding :(........ Thats means me getting up at 4:30....:noway:.... soz i'm out.......

15. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

Can't imagine the trains will be partic booked up by late-September on a weekday morning. Generally it's possible to book at the cheap rate as late as 48-36 hours in advance.

Personally, I'd suggest the 08:50 train - that means meeting up at at about 7:45 at J11 services to fuel up, and check-in by 8:10 latest, and the 19:20/19:50 back - that means we'll just about get to the terminal in daylight, as the sun sets @19:45 approximately local time.

16. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

These times look far more realistic, i'm about 35-40mins away so that means leaving home 7ish which for me is ok. :thumbsup:

17. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Can't do this one, but as Spin posted, those times are much more likely to work for people, especially those who are some distance from the port. :thumbsup:

18. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

28th = my day off, so could be up for it.

19. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

yep those times are somewhat more do-able . not so bad for me as only about 35
    mins to tunnel from here

20. Sporty1200

According to Google maps... About an hour and half for me... :bike: