1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

French Frenzy ?

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by deano, Jul 15, 2011.

1. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

This sounds good... I think I could get the 28th off... I would have been paid by then too...:cash:

2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Have to admit those times are much more reasonable for me too (once I realised just how early I would have to get up if we left at 7! lol) I will book the ticket for the train but due to a poorly doggie I will have to play it by ear and my have to back out at last minute. In the meantime I'm looking forward to it :disco:

3. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

If people are happy with those times, I suggest that's what we go with for Weds 28 September .

The weather's very mixed at the moment, this coming weekend is looking like a wet and windy washout, so what I'm going to do is take a look at the forecast about 5 days ahead and take a punt then.

4. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

I'm going over tomorrow morning 09.50 train for a run along the coast, the forcast seems to be ok ish and coming back on the 19.50 train so i'll let you know if we had time to do everything :tup:

5. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

im keeping my eyes on this one but will be last min thing if i can make it not sure yet.

6. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

You Do Not need to Be At Terminal 50 Mins Before that is Crap - 20 mins is Good Enough - I have Open ticket so dont Really Matter to Me but i like to be out early - lets see what the weather brings also as if windy like last week me not playing or if Raining Me Not Playing -

7. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

No it isn't "crap" and in any case I said 40 mins, not 50.

If you are booked on a particular crossing, you need to have checked in MORE than 30 mins before the train's scheduled departure or you won't get on it. That's in the terms and conditions - you'll get bumped down to the "next available crossing" and that's likely to be 30 mins later or more, as there are two trains an hour most of the year - we missed the check-in by 5 mins a couple of years ago due to a long queue on the French side and were stuck there for two hours waiting for the 'next available train'. And it's a good idea to leave 10 mins to get through the automated checkout in case there's a problem, like the person who always seems to bring the wrong credit card and doesn't have their booking number.

Early starts are fine but you're also just a few mins up the road from the terminal, other people have to ride for well over an hour to get there...

8. Rhino

Rhino 125 +

Just a little footnote to the above, Border control at all ports seem to be targeting bikes, this can add 10-20mins both ways, And as the discussion on departure times seems to getting heated I'm out of this one. :sfight:

9. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

Play nice children :sfight:

10. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

I can usefully use the day for other activities too. Count me out.

11. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

So are we doing 8.50 out and 19.20 back or what????