1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Recommend Insurance Company

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Callum, Aug 20, 2015.

1. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

well if you will lie and try to get girls insurance what do you expect :p

Pilbs and hoppielimp like this.
  2. Pilbs

Pilbs Street Fighter +

I've been with Hastings for about 8 years - every year the renewal comes through more expensive - I do a comparison site search, get a cheaper quote and they then match it. Saves having to arse around with no claims details and stuff. £89 for the year for me this year - happy with that!

lammyR6 likes this.
  3. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

So I called Hastings...just to see what they come up with....my conversation goes...
    Me: Just Checking you can insure modified cars, specifically with respect to engine performance through re-tuning.'
    H: We just have to run through a check list and you say yes/no and we will tell you if we can...'
    Me: OK
    H: Any stickers ?
    Me: No
    H: Any Murals ?
    H: Any handlebar controls ?
    M: No
    H: Has it got heated Grips ?
    H:Has it got a steering damper ?
    H: Has it got crash bungs ?
    Me: No.....are you sure these are valid for cars ?
    H: Yes.
    Me: Ok
    H: Does it have a sissy bar ?
    Me: *Sigh* - No
    H: Grab rails ?
    H: Modified end-can ?
    H: Fairings ?
    H: Turbo Charging ?
    Me: Yes...factory...
    H: Engine Chip ?
    Me: Yes...
    H: Other engine modifications ?
    Me: Yes...bigger intercooler.

Let me go check with the insurer....

2 mins later...

H: No sorry, can't insure you because of the Engine Chip / Engine modifications. - Sorry, can we help you with anything else ?
    Me: No, but are you sure these questions are relevant to insuring cars opposed to bikes ?
    H: Yes they are.
    Me: Thanks anyway. Bye.

:shrug:

Looks like I will be staying with Adrian Flux.

4. Snapper

Snapper Moped

I rather like LV myself :) . I switched away from Carole Nash because they were so bloody incompetent when it came to making any changes and they managed to sting me in various subtle ways, as well as taking liberties with their ridiculous renewal proposals :p . They're too big an organisation to be capable of offering good, consistent, reliable service IMHO.

Liverpool Victoria have much lower premiums, more simple criteria for insuring and a UK freephone number. The staff know how to listen, as well as how to talk - I value that highly ;) . Anyway, worth getting a quote, if you're still looking to change.

5. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

LV don't do Cars with engine performance mods.

6. Snapper

Snapper Moped

I was replying to Callum's (OP) post, actually, although I now see that it is over a year old :oops: .

7. Tomasbe

Tomasbe Custom cruiser +

So I had a renewal proposal from CN and they quoted me much more than last year. Which pissed me off a little, to be frank. Checked the others and my blood pressure improved. Then I come across BeMoto and I'm very impressed. They're well worth to give 'em a try. :tup:

BlackHornet likes this.
  8. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

might give them a try as both car and one bike are due next month :eek::cash::cash:

9. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

I am with the RAC atm pretty good price, but like all do not know till you make a claim, still think they are a broker though, Ageas is the underwriter.

10. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

i have bennett mainly because i've only ever used them, easy to understand and use, i have never had to claim though