1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

19th & 20th Bike Events?

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by NAPA121, Sep 15, 2015.

1. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Guys,

Johnny Bravo and I were going to ride to Assen this weekend (Friday to Monday) for the BSB but the rain looks bad that in that direction :-(

On the plus side the weather looks better in Blighty so we are trying to think on what to do as we don't want to waste our passes from SWMBO and look forward to riding the bikes.

Anyone know of any good events on this weekend?

We can then go for a ride for a few days (probably Sat to Mon as Friday still looks a bit dodgy)

Cheers
    Napa

2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Well, I still can't come out to play however I had a little shufty. Not much going on though - all I can find are these:

• Romney Marsh Classic Bikejumble:10am Sunday 20th September - http://www.elkpromotions.co.uk/
    • Mods and Rockers Bike Shown Sunday 20th, 2pm - 7pm Oakdene Café, Wrotham. £2 entry
    • There's also a bike track day at Lydden Hill on Saturday 19th

NAPA121, Beelady, Fergy and 2 others like this.
  3. NAPA121

Thanks Lammy...I was more hoping for some racing..

I think Hotrax are at Silverstone but not sure i fancy Silverstone.

Decision Decisions.

4. lammyR6

I know. Most of the clubs seem to be racing next weekend instead. Isn't that just typical!

NAPA121 likes this.
  5. lammyR6

NAPA121 likes this.
  6. NAPA121

ah yes...forgot about that....so Hotrax are not even racing...

damn damn and blast

might either head for Wales again (did it a couple of weeks ago so would like something different) or head to The Wash, Cromer way, then across to Oxford and see where we go from there....

Just need to get away for a couple of days....prob Sat to mon...

lammyR6 likes this.
  7. NAPA121

well all the plans have gone to **** so John and I are now going to try the Burnham Bends tomorrow to see if they are any good...I have heard about them before but have never been.

8. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

Rode them a few years ago with Carnage. Good road but uninspiring ride to get to them!
    But he with satnav may come up with something interesting. ;)

9. ninjabob

ninjabob Street Fighter +

Essex - now I know a good route around there.

10. NAPA121

well come out then...Be great to see you mate. 9am petrol station at Oakdene....

11. ninjabob

ninjabob Street Fighter +

Unfortunately cannot make it - emailed you the route,

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  12. lammyR6

Burnham bends are good but as you said, ride there not great. Some of the roads round Chelmsford seemed pretty good too.
    Have fun, look forward to an update on how they were.

NAPA121 likes this.
  13. lammyR6

Ps there was a nice little cafe on the Bends too although can't remember the name. Have to ask Skortchio

NAPA121 likes this.
  14. NAPA121

Burnham Bends are definitely worth a visit although as already mentioned the journey there was not the best. Made up for it though by diverting to Finchingfield as well....V good day riding with johnny Bravo and Jimbo.... Cheers guys:tup:

lammyR6 likes this.
  15. JimBo

JimBo World Superbike +

Yes, it was a good ride. Thanks for leading Neil, made a change for me not to have to think about the route :thumbsup:.

Meeting up with a local rider was a good move, some interesting roads leading up to the "Burnhams". Thanks Pete. The bends themselves are well worth a ride, but I think it would be best to do them early on a nice summers morning, too much traffic yesterday.

The ride over to Finchingfield and back was brilliant. Just my sort of ride, a good mix of smooth fast sweepers connected by narrow, twisty, gravel strewn, bumpy lanes. Loved it :laugh:. You'll have to let me know the routes.

Parts of Essex are impossibly pretty and quaintly named, "Good Easter", "Shellow Bowells" to name but two :D.

lammyR6 likes this.