1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Monthly Meet Weds 6/1/16

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Roadwart, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

First monthly meet of 2016 this Weds.

For those who may not have been before members usually start to arrive from about 6pm

the address is

The Oak & Ivy
    Rye Road,
    Hawkhurst,
    Kent.
    TN18 5DB

Hope to see you there.

2. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Just a word of warning, though: avoid the Tiger Prawn starter.

3. Roadwart

LOL! Only coz you want them all ;)

Panel Man likes this.
  4. Panel Man

No, no, no. That's an entirely unwarranted assertion. I have not made that decision.

Yet...

;)

5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Will see if I can make it but the first few days back to work are always a pain.

6. Roadwart

I know that all too well Tom.

7. MrGreen

MrGreen Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Can't believe I still haven't made it to one yet. 'sigh' one day I'll manage it

8. Panel Man

Well don't eat the Tiger prawn starter if you do. It's ok to attend, but watch what you eat. I mean, I'll need someone to talk to, just eat something else. :)

9. MrGreen

MrGreen Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Ya know I wouldn't have picked the tiger prawns.... Your making me really want them though :rubhands:

Panel Man likes this.
  10. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

wont make it this month, still housebound after having appendix out at Christmas

11. Panel Man

Oh no! Poor you. Don't say you are adopting Lammy's method of weight loss (cutting out bits from time to time). Hope you aren't too bruised and tender and feel better in the very near future. :)

lisa lou likes this.
  12. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

lol. .. thanks , being as i looked like i was 9 months pregnant before it burst im feeling like i lost my baby belly so still smiling ( well kinda )

Panel Man likes this.
  13. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Hope you are well on your way to recovery now Lisa x

Carl Berg likes this.
  14. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

thanks lammy x

15. Roadwart

We are unlikely to be there tonight now. Not sure I`m going to be getting away from work on time tonight :(

16. Panel Man

Could we have a 'Don't Like' tab, please? I acknowledge your post with mixed feelings: less competition for the Tiger Prawns but fewer Persons of Like Mind with whom to have intercourse.

lisa lou likes this.
  17. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

I won't be there tonight either. Been a long half week back at work.

Hoping Richard won't be there alone ?

18. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I hope he won't be there alone as well. I was hoping to have some prawns but, due to what appears to be a seized brake caliper and smoking brake disc on car. Don't really want to risk the journey having limped it home from Eastbourne :(

BlackHornet likes this.
  19. Panel Man

He wasn't. Alone, I mean :) In fact GaryA and Nikki were already esconsed when I arrived - I didn't say, but I'd had such a bar steward of a 3-hour telephone call with a structural ginger beer this afternoon that I actually left home an hour earlier than I intended! This meant, of course, that I was able to get at the Tiger Prawn starter before GaryA had finished briefing the staff that I was to be told they were fresh out of them ('Sorry, Sir, just sold the last one...'). Anyway, they were stellar... And I was sorely tempted to order a second lot when G & N shared a plateful themselves (having already had dinner)! However, my burger was lurking, temptingly out of reach and deserved serious attention. The One and Only Stars & Stripes turned up too, so I was not lost for conversation, although most of it seemed designed to disturb the process of digestion: Benefits Britain being the main topic (GGGGRRRRRRRR!!!); another was misbegotten individuals who prey on the vulnerable or the gullible and fleece them of the little cash they have put by. [Which reminds me - Nikki: I'll PM you with the details of the Head of Trading Standards].

As none of us arrived on bikes, for various reasons, conversation about Matters Two-wheeled was limited. Although if anyone fancies a back protector, call GaryA. ("One careful owner, never raced or rallied").

We all thought about raising a glass to absent friends, but if we'd done that for all our friends, none of us would have been allowed to drive. But you (yes, YOU) were in our minds! I suppose I should have taken a picture of the happy group, but it would then have been 25% smaller and ...well, my photographic skills are exceeded only by my navigational ability. 'Nuff said...

Did I mention the Chocolate Log for pudding? It was more of a Chocolate splinter or chipping than a 'log', but made my mouth very happy :) Roll on next month!!

20. Eileen

Eileen Off Roader +

I am going to try make it next month! Depends on what day it is?! I will be driving as have no sat nav on bike and no sense of direction