1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Jim's freebie Winter Hack, Work has commenced!

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Jim, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Made it to Gravesend and back at a steady 80mph no niggles other than an annoying vibration type noise at about 5000rpm, doesn't affect the riding or anything but very hard to pin down!

Roadwart likes this.
  2. Spin

Spin Street Fighter +

If it's really a noise rather vibration, could be induction roar through the airbox? They do make quite a buzz through the trumpet on the filter.

3. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

5k revs seems to be the sweet spot for vibation on the gs.. mine vibrates like a mofo around 5 k too.. therefore i would assume its vibes from the engine rattling somthing around taht rev range.. poss tank rubbers?

4. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Sort of tinny sound sound like a key ring can make when it's attached to the ignition key, except I don't have a key ring.

5. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Put it on the stand, rev it at 5k listen carefully :p
    Could be a loose bolt with a washer or just something under the seat.

6. chelskitel

chelskitel Learner

Yhe Tacho/speedo clocks are a common source .
    The rubber hardens over time and the dome nuts limit how tight you can do them up.
    A couple of washers normally does the trick.

Jim likes this.
  7. TOP CAT

TOP CAT Keep em glued for officer dibble........ +

Not bad for a winter hack and free to boot, dont know of any more free bikes do you? preferably a custom...no damn

8. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Will keep my ears open!

9. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

on that case jim can you keep your ears and eyes open for a free duc 848 in black for me :cool:

10. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Well some of the Fire Bike Team from another FRS I know of don't think much of their 1098 so perhaps I could have a word with them!;)