1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Almost lost the Beemer yesterday...!

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Ducky, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I think if I was doing 50mph it would still have happened dude :thumbsdown:....plus my van tows between 50-70 depending if I'm going downhill or not! :laugh:

2. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

:eek: You were very lucky the axle didnt dig in, and the bike didnt turn the trailer over!!!! :eek:
    Glad you ALL come out of it in one piece, someone was looking after you!! agree its time to do the lottery!! :thumbsup:

3. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

I know, I think one reason it dragged along so well is my van sits very low so there was less of a chance of it digging in (that was the first thing on my mind when it happened)

4. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

You
    You can get things called "bearing savers" they are a sprung loaded cap that pushes grease into the bearings as they turn (used them on my boat trailers as their wheel bearings always going into salt water whilst still hot!!)

Ducky likes this.
  5. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

Lucky one there.......change of undies by any chance?????

6. HAYABUSADAVE

Driving With a Trailer

Speed limits:

Always keep to the legal speed limit for the road you are using.
    Speed limits for cars towing caravans or trailers.
    • 30mph limit applies on all roads with street lighting unless signs show otherwise.
    • 50mph applies on single carriageways unless signs show otherwise.
    • 60mph applies on dual carriageways and motorways.
    It should be remembered that you must not travel in the right-hand lane of a motorway, with three lanes or more, if you are driving a vehicle drawing a trailer.

You naughty naughty boy........:nah:

Glad you and bike ok tho..........

7. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

The same way people obey the speed limits on their bikes and in their cars eh...;)

Yoda and Phatboyslimming like this.
  8. HAYABUSADAVE

I do.........sometimes....lol ;)

9. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Glad your Ok Mate - Still Dont see the Mudguards on your Trailer also a telling off

10. Les

Les British Superbike +

Don't suppose you've still got the boat? I've some skis that could do with some use.

11. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

Newsflash! Kent County Council hear about Ducky and take action!

IMG00018-20110829-0908.jpg

Ducky, ramrider, Hanna and 1 other person like this.
  12. niki

niki Off Roader +

damn that was a lucky escape for you......on a lighter note good job the bike was secure imagine the damage the turret would have done had you not strapped it so well lol:ner: