1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Moderate Sunday 23rd April

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by lammyR6, Apr 23, 2016.

1. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Aim to head to Lydden Circuit tomorrow to watch some friends on a trackday. Plan so far is to meet at Rye Rugby Club Café, TN31 7LS, between 10.30 - 11. May have brekkies there or may head to Airport Café, Sellindge, but will decide that once at the Rugby club, over much needed caffeine.
    Either way, will then head onwards to Lydden Circuit to spend a few hours there watching the fun:bike: .

MrGreen and Jon Weston like this.
  2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

see you there :)

3. Jon Weston

Jon Weston Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Currently in a pub....may be hanging

MrGreen, lammyR6 and BlackHornet like this.
  4. MrGreen

MrGreen Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

I'll come, not sure how long I'll be out for though =)

lammyR6 and BlackHornet like this.
  5. Jon Weston

Jon Weston Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Didn't drink in the end as wanted to enjoy two wheels tomorrow - will be in peak performance in the morning...

lammyR6 and BlackHornet like this.
  6. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

I might pop along to Lydden for A look

lammyR6 and Beelady like this.
  7. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

@Lammy Weather Warning, I drove home last nite and the TEMP BOTTOMED OUT AT 2.5ºc chilly :(

8. lammyR6

I'll just wear extra layers today!

9. phil read

And it's chucking it down over here at the moment

10. MaDProFF

Yep I do think we are gonna see some rain and wet roads this morning, hope it will clear up for rest of the day today :( Hopefully we miss the serious rain dumps

11. lammyR6

Fingers crossed it'll pass. Blooming :brr: out there this morning though. What happened to spring??

12. BlackHornet

Hhhmm maybe I should pack my waterproof gear just in case. Still hasn't seen rain in the two years I've had it :D

13. lammyR6

I probably won't get to rye till 11. Trying to co ordinate with family in oz for phone call is proving a challenge!

14. phil read

Rain's stopped and there's A bit of blue sky, fingers crossed

15. lammyR6

Did you go in the end? We didn't get there till 1 and left around 2.30 as it was a tad chilly!

16. lammyR6

Well that was quite an adventurous day out. Attempted breakfast at Rye Rugby Club which was actually meant to be closed to the public meaning Joe didn't get his brekkies. Then a cross country (literally!!) ride to Lydden Hill. It entailed a few nice twisties, some slightly bumpy and undulating roads, "grass-down-the-middle" tracks and even a bit of sheep shepherding.
    [​IMG]

Got to watch a few people having fun at Lydden where I have to say, it was a bit :brr:! Even had a few seconds of hail/snow!

Good company as usual, fun day :D

17. phil read

No I thought I'd just watch the start of the MOTO GP first and ended up watching it all

lammyR6 likes this.
  18. BlackHornet

Yeah a good day out taking one of Lammy's special routes which means following a couple of lambs down a track for a mile or so :rolleyes:
    Only the one U turn but that was just because she has to do at least one :thumbsup:
    Stayed pretty dry too, a little hail while at lydden but not enough to get wet :D

MaDProFF and lammyR6 like this.
  19. MaDProFF

Yep another good day out, traffic not too bad too, all up in London running, or sitting at home in t he warm. I always thought Sheep stuck together and followed each other, only to find they DON'T, Lammy left 2 in some blokes driveway strandard, and all alone :( All in all a good day :)

20. lammyR6

It's ok, they had their mummy with them and they would have had some lovely flowers to eat in the garden :D