1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

July Monthly Meet Thursday 7/7/16

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Roadwart, Jul 5, 2016.

1. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Sorry we won't make it. X

2. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Who went? Was it good? Menu, please and verdict?

3. RedRock

RedRock Street Fighter +

I waved as I rode pass on my way to Wessons. If I finished work earlier I would of stopped to say "Hi" before going there. I only saw 2 bikes parked at the pub so I am guessing not a big turnout - but that was to be expected with the clash of events so close together, amazing coincidence (or not). :shrug:. Anyhow it was a good turn out at Wessons, banter was good as was the coffee and no-one faulted the food or service - so a big thumbs up for them:thumbsup:

megawatt likes this.
  4. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

@lammyR6 I don't mind Wednesday or Thursday, it's just that Wednesday's has been THE day for such a long time that Thursday threw me...and I had organised something else ... :/ My fault I can't read or follow threads :scared:

lisa lou likes this.
  5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Sue, Lisa Lou, Paul & Myself were the only ones who made it. The restaurant area was tucked away from the bar a bit so would be a nice place for us to meet without disturbing anyone else.

The menu was usual pub fare but was nicely cooked. I had the chicken curry which was served with the rice & curry separate for some reason & 3 mini poppadoms. The curry seemed a tad watery but had it been served with the rice, it would have not been an issue. The scampi & chips were well received & the burger got a massive :thumbsup: from Paul. There were no puddings consumed as that is the domain of @Panel Man & @lammyR6 & I wouldn't dare step on other toes. :)

@hoppielimp No worries mate. There's always other months :thumbsup:

6. Panel Man

Wot, no puds? The meal isn't complete without p... Oh. I get it. You DID eat pudding but are keeping quiet lest I feel left out. Thank you for being so sensitive. SECB is a caring, sharing club!

7. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

That & I don`t eat puddings mate :)

Panel Man likes this.
  8. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

was a very pleasant evening, good food and company.., I had scampi in a basket with chips and forgot to even look at the pudding menu. venue was rather nice clean and well looked after, tucked away like roadie said we would all be able to be our usual sensible selves without disturbing the pool playing locals.
    no problems with parking as was all on a level and easy access.
    outside area looked OK for those that smoke without inhaling the copious quantities of dope smelt elsewhere.

Russell, Panel Man, lammyR6 and 2 others like this.
  9. Panel Man

Some parts of your report, Lisa, are of no interest to me (dope!) but everything else sounds really good Glad you had a nice time :)

10. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

you must have missed it before then ?
    I don't smoke at all, particularly don't do drugs either at the previous place we had been to inside and out smelt of dope,and sometimes the good would depend on how high the chef was. fortunately I wasn't party to a bad day although I believe lammy was with something they named chicken pie.
    at least with new ownership the aptly named by locals ' coke and pikey' might regain its name of oak and Ivy... and the new owner seemed very nice and accommodating.
    let's see what our next visit holds for us there, the bonus with that place is I don't have to get a baby sitter :spag:

Panel Man likes this.