1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Police Using Stingers For Bikes

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by lisa lou, Jul 7, 2016.

1. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

2. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I`ve passed this onto Jim who in turn has passed it onto a Police Officer mate of his to see whats really occurring. Will post up once the reply comes back as Neither myself or Jim would believe a stinger would be used on a bike.

Eagle and lisa lou like this.
  3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

could just be one not so bright copper :rolleyes:
    be interested to know the whole story :D

benetton, lisa lou and hoppielimp like this.
  4. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Same here Tom. I would be interested to see what was said before the clip started that's for sure.

lisa lou likes this.
  5. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

brilliant.. thank you , would be good to know the truth on this one , I did hear it was oakdean ?

6. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Probably no intention to use, Maybe a Scare tactic that went wrong?

lisa lou likes this.
  7. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

I did wonder if that would be the case ...
    shame the copper didn't say anything himself

8. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Probably had it out for cars not bikes and didn't say anything because frankly who does when someone thrusts a camera at them

lisa lou likes this.
  9. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

10. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

TBH you could look at it another way, if they did not ride / drive like idiots outside Oakdene on a weekly basis, Police would not be there, even in the Video you could hear Bikes being ridden like Lunatics, not doing Bikers any favours. Time and Place for riding fast, and it is not outside Oakdene.

11. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

absolutely! totally agree with you there

12. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

I popped by there last night on the way back from a rideout & to meet some friends who couldn't make the rid earlier in the evening. There were 2 plod cars parked up in obvious places & between 1 & 3 plod bikes at any one time. Hence, it was quiet, few bikes were there & no stunting.

Still took ages to get served & a young lady had a big sideways moment as she tried to negotiate leaving the parking area that doubles as a motocross track.....

BlackHornet and lisa lou like this.