1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Fuzeblock Install.

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Roadwart, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Stripped down bike of all fairings (if you want to see the steps see THIS POST & a few after it) but this time I also removed the main tank cover too.

20160717_182513sm.jpg

The black & red lead hanging down the left side of the tank is for the Autocom which should be sitting in the channel in the tank.

I decided to mount the fuzeblock on top of the battery for a couple of reasons. It keeps the cable runs short & the main fuse nice & close to the battery. It also means that to add more items into it, I only have to remove the battery cover which is held down with just 2 screws.

20160717_182520sm.jpg

I relocated the autocom fuse (red block to left of the battery) from the top of the battery to the left of it & secured it down with with some velcro. The fuzeblock fits nicely on top of the battery so I cleaned it off with some isopropyl alcohol & stuck that down with some velcro too. I connected the positive (red with inline fuse) & negative (black) wires directly to the battery. The blue wire is connected to a switched live on the GPS connector to activate the relay for the switched side power. The autocom wires were tidied away in the gap between the battery tray & the tank.

I've left the panels off ready to install the camera system once my mounting bolts arrive.

Panel Man likes this.
  2. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

That's gotta be a waste of Alcohol :( would have used brake and clutch Cleaner, (though you could probably drink that too) :)

3. Roadwart

Can't use what you don't have mate :)

4. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Corr. Impressive, mon brave. Wish I understood what you wrote but electrickery isn't my forte. :)

lammyR6 likes this.
  5. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

It's a BMW, won't work for long!!!

6. Roadwart

Nor mine mate but this is a piece of urne to install.

It will work fine Alan as the whole idea is to BYPASS the BMW CANbus system. Just for the record, this is the bike I've A) had the longest & B) Had the least amount of problems with so I think that sort of blows your comment out the water.

benetton likes this.
  7. megawatt

Oh dear, I sold my jump starter as well!!!

8. Roadwart

Bear in mind that was the original battery (batteries are a consumable after all) I think its done pretty well :)

9. megawatt

I hope it works well for you mate. Only pulling your chain.

Roadwart likes this.
  10. Roadwart

I know mate.

megawatt likes this.
  11. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Did you ever look at the PDM60 instead of the Fuzeblock ? Just wondered if you had and if you had any reason for choosing the Fuzeblock.

12. Roadwart

I did but the PDM60 is pretty much twice the price mate. Yes, its got electronic fuses that reset when you restart the bike & they are reprogrammable but I just couldn`t justify the extra cost.

hoppielimp likes this.