1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Restricted? No. 'L' Plates? No.

Discussion in 'Beginners Bikes' started by Jim, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Les

Les British Superbike +

:kiss:

2. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I have to admit that most sports bike riders I have nodded to nod back. A lot is out of pure bewilderment I`ll bet. It probably helps that, from the front at least, apart from the 2 driving lamps it doesn`t look very "cruisery".

3. R1 Chickie

R1 Chickie Guest

You! Off our site! Come back when you grow a pair and have a bike bigger than your sisters scooter :laugh: Good thing this site is anonymous :rofl:

pedrocbf likes this.
  4. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

I did my training at CSN, in Medway... Good bunch :thumbsup:

I admit, I haven't been nodding... :oops: will nod more in future :)

5. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Yeah, start nodding you miserable git! :D

Sporty1200 and mousematt like this.
  6. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Im always nodding except scoots damn annoying little shites (in my area at least) I even nod cruisers
    But not everyone nods back grumpy fekkers still no skin off my nose.

7. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

I'll ask her if she wants to join the forum then :lol2:

8. Kelvin Hopes

Kelvin Hopes Guest

Why thank you - i just buzz a bit not my fault :confused: - we're not all idiots I don't think i am but i'm sure my brother will testify against that :D
    at least i can do 60 eh :/

Sporty1200 likes this.
  9. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

Hey Kelvin, your bike may be a bit smaller than most of ours but it's still a bike and that's what counts, it's what's in your mind that makes you a biker not what's between your legs! (OOOOOER! That doesn't sound completely right from one Hetrosexual male to another but you know what I mean!):thumbsup:

Roadwart likes this.
  10. Darkzy

Darkzy Race Rep +

Haha cheers. Was hoping to be doing my restricted licence but finding a job to fund that is harder than i thought haha. So will have to stick with my bike (and fixing the unreliable thing) and my brothers (and helping with various things on them) haha

p.s don't worry i had two accounts. Although that has been sorted :D

11. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

well dependss how you want to define "idiot" really. in the case of you're riding then no far from it.. you actually listen, which for a teenager is unheard of... just need to get somthing with a bit more oomph... whilst the bike does manage 60 it sure is painful gettting there lol.. of course do you listen about anything else .... :sfight:

12. Darkzy

Darkzy Race Rep +

:D Me --> :lol2:<-- Deano

13. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

What the feck does that make me then.... I just filled in a form & could ride anything up to 250cc.

14. ShootBob

ShootBob Learner

I couldn't stop smiling the first time i got a nod from a proper biker! Made me feel part of something a bit special and made me more keen to pass my test asap. The only bikers who didn't seem to nod were Harley riders.

15. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

There a funny, snobby bunch them Harley aficionado's... If i go to the dealer on my Sportster. some 'deign' to speak to me, but then if i turn up on my Honda the same people ignore me.. Idiots.
    The sales team, well they'l be happy to speak to a monkey on a unicycle.. :D

hoppielimp and Roadwart like this.
  16. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Didn't wanna have to be the one to say this, that's not because of the bike you're riding, man... :hug:

Sporty1200 likes this.
  17. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

18. HAYABUSADAVE

HAYABUSADAVE Custom cruiser +

Careful Kev might be one out there that just might......:eek:

19. luke-rs125

luke-rs125 Twist N Go +

I was hanging out with the " old " guys on here :giggle: :lol: ( sorry i was 17 ! ) but everyone treated me like an adult on my rs125 , that was a great feeling, all bikers nodded to me with L plates, in France they wave , not to keen on that ... and i can't wave to a french biker , wearing shorts and flip flops on a R6 or something pfff

+ in bad weather i've never seen a bike on the road ... so to me ... very hard to consider them bikers ...

20. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Holy thread resurrection!

BlackHornet, _Yappa_ and deano81 like this.