1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Monthly Meet November 2016

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Rosie, Oct 30, 2016.

1. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

maybe next month will be the christmas do :)

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

good night again , I am stuffed :D

Mikey and lisa lou like this.
  3. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

was nice to catch up with everyone again, and certainly food seemed to be better again this time

Mikey likes this.
  4. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Excellent evening by the fire ...well, more than a single fire, since later on some yoofs asked the bar staff whether they could 'vape'. We were consulted and, unable to think of any rational objection on the spur of the moment, we consented; whereupon they did a passable imitation of young North American Braves learning to send smoke signals. If their written spelling and grammar is as bad as their smoke signals, then I worry for the next generation.

Never mind. That was a distraction from the main purpose of the evening: consumption of Tiger Prawns, and in this regard I have two pieces of good news. The first is that Portion Control is on holiday. I had eight of the little creatures crammed onto my plate. I was so moved, I even offered one to Lisa Lou. :love:. The second was that they have changed the batter mix subtly and it has raised the crunch and flavour to truly delicious levels. You will be glad that I gave immediate positive feedback to the Owner Ladyette so she could get the cook to remember which of the beers had gone into the recipe. I sure hope he/she does. If you don't believe me, ask Lisa and Tom, who quietly demolished his plateful before anyone noticed.

I opted for Fish pie - one of the specials. After excavation of a couple of levels of cheesy mashed potato, I unearthed unmistakable signs of piscean inclusion ("Fishy Bits"). I had been pre-warned by afore-mentioned Owner Ladyette that the bowl was hot, and Boy, she wasn't joking: placing these Fishy Bits into my mouth reminded me of people walking through fires. The technique appears to be to walk through at such a speed that one's feet don't spend much time in contact with the ground and thus avoid burning. I adopted this method out of necessity with my molten Fishy Bits, hoping that keeping them on the move down my throat would alleviate permanent scarring. I swear I heard a hiss as they hit my stomach contents. Cooling draughts of Harveys did help, I admit.

And here's a thing - I am convinced I was served my beer by a young lad who couldn't have been more than six years old. He stepped behind the bar and calmly asked what I would like? I said I'd be ordering food, but I'd very much like a pint of Harveys. Without turning a hair, he extracted a glass, reached up (on tip toe) to the handle and pulled the pint, levelling it with a flourish and brought it over without spilling a drop. At this juncture, Mrs Owner Ladyette appeared from the kitchen to take my food order. I suppose I must have been doing a goldfish impression as she asked if I was alright. I've just never been served beer by a six year old before.

Perhaps because the weather has turned decidedly nippy, several hot puddings were ordered (no, not all by me). There was desultry debate as to whether t'is better to accompany apple and berry crumble with custard or ice cream. I don't think either side was that convincing, and I ordered Spotted Dick. With custard (and skin, if possible, please). Some time later it emerged that they had ransacked the place and discovered no Spotted Dick at all. I opted for apple pie and eagerly took up the O.L.'s suggestion to have a piece of cheese with it. Good memory, that one.

What a lovely evening in company with cheerful and knowledgeable folks. That was lots of fun :disco:I hadn't seen Gary and Nikki or Stars 'n Stripes for ages; missed Lammy (of course :) ) and Roadie and Shrimpee but Tom, Rosie, Lisa Lou and Mikey did their best to make up for it. Carl? Better make it next month ...or else!

5. Mikey

Mikey Street Fighter +

:cigar:Just how do you follow that @Panel Man , food was miss leading but ok and the company was great

Panel Man likes this.
  6. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

Maybe a good time to start planning for Decembers meeting sooner rather than later...... :ghug:

Panel Man likes this.
  7. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Well, why not? Doesn't everyone start planning their next meal as soon as one is finished?

No? Just me then...

8. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

Ditto the above comments. Its difficult to swap shifts at the last minute so a little forward notice is much appreciated.

9. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

erm haven't we already started planning that
    ?
    isn't there a list already ?

10. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

I s'pose that as it'll be running up toward Xmas then pubs will be taking bookings sooner instead of later. I've got 2 other Xmas events to attend. As Panel Man has suggested, it seems that a fate worse than riding a Harley awaits me if I don't attend....

Panel Man likes this.