1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Motorcycle Live 2016

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by lammyR6, Nov 10, 2016.

1. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

It's that time of year again. Motorcycle Live and the NEC, Birmingham 19th - 27th November.

I fancy heading up. Maybe on the last Friday or Saturday of it. Anyone else planning to go?

2. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

We've decided to give it a miss this year and do Excel, early next year instead.

lammyR6 likes this.
  3. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

We have tickets possibly going on the last Saturday

Beelady and lammyR6 like this.
  4. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Fancied going this year but I don't think have a weekend free nor any holiday left at work :(

5. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

Advance tickets are £19 or £25 on the door. Add this to the £10 for parking (free for bikes I think) & it soon adds up when you also have to take into account the fuel to get to Brum.

(why is parking free when it's a caravan exhibition?)

So I won't be going. It's just not good value for money

6. Vitesse45

Vitesse45 Street Fighter +

we went yesterday (sat 19th) as we had tickets with the Kawasaki Riders Club, gave us access early to to the show for a 'new model' preview along with free tea/coffee and a bacon/sausage roll :spag:
    Got some Hel Braided brake hoses for a real bargain £115 (£152 on web) and a couple of Shark Helmets for £150 each :cash:
    2-IMG_2526-FullSizeRender.JPG 1-IMG_2534-001.JPG

Fergy and BlackHornet like this.
  7. Beelady

I'm going after all! Thursday for me. I've heard lots about it and I can't wait to get there.

phil read and lammyR6 like this.
  8. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

just bought a vision R from bolt bikes delivered for £199.00
    so i won't be going

Attached Files:

phil read and megawatt like this.
  9. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Might go tomorrow... not decided yet.

10. Beelady

We had a great time. Arrived at 10.15am and had to leave at 5pm as the show closes then. I entered every competition I could find and sat on almost every bike. Stopped now and then to sit down and eat our picnic we took with us and found nice people to chat with each time, which is all part of the fun for me.
    I didn't find anything I wanted to buy but most of my kit is still quite new as it was all replaced last year, so no excuse to try too many clothes on. I wanted to try heated gloves but, just like ordinary gloves, they were all too long in the fingers so not for me. I'll stick with heated grips until something better comes along.
    Well worth the effort of making the trip. It was a good day out.

Stars and Stripes and lisa lou like this.