1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Monthly Meet March

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Stars and Stripes, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Its that time again, as The 1st March(next week) is a Wednesday where are we meeting?????

lisa lou and Panel Man like this.
  2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

i hope so :thumbsup:

lisa lou likes this.
  3. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

I'm guessing it'll be at the Oak & Ivy again this month mate.

lisa lou likes this.
  4. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Wow that's come around quick again. Maybe stick to Hawkhurst then have a think about next meet depending on who will come from where.

5. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Might be able to make this one :)

lisa lou likes this.
  6. Mikey

Mikey Street Fighter +

Could always be half man half burger :rubhands:

Fergy likes this.
  7. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

you beat me to it ! march meet ,
    hopefully be there :rubhands:

Rosie likes this.
  8. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

It would be nice to see you both.

lisa lou likes this.
  9. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Me too... :)

10. Stars and Stripes

11. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

Unfortunately i'll be working in Cambridge tomorrow & won't be able to get down after work.

Maybe April where the first Wednesday is the 5th. Hopefully the weather will be far better than forecast for this week

12. lammyR6

Should make it tomorrow. :D

13. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

we should make this one

lisa lou likes this.
  14. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

We're not going to make this tonight. Sue's having a bit of a bad time & I'm not happy to leave her on her own. Have a good time all. I'm sure someone will have our share of Tiger Prawns.

15. Panel Man

Definitely me. But poor Sue :-(
    Sending one large portion of virtual hugs... :hug3:

Roadwart likes this.
  16. Panel Man

What an enormous turn-out, ladies and gents! Golly, there was Lammy, Black Hornet, Mikey, Rosie, Lisa Lou, Stars 'n Stripes and his good lady Caroline, GaryA and Nikki and Fergy - and probably several others too. Of course, yet more were sorely missed, esp Roadie and Shrimpee. (Get better soon, Sue). ps. Lisa Lou ate your Tiger Prawns :giggle:

I arrived too late to sample the stew, although judging by Lammy's concentration upon removing all the solid bits from her portion, it must have been not at all bad. Obviously it wasn't filling enough, or she is still in massive food debt after her Boot Camp exertions because she nicked Tom's mushroom and was gazing longingly at the (excellent) chips on surrounding plates. But happily the pub had laid in industrial supplies of Tiger Prawns in preparation for the SECB monthly event, so there were some left for my starter. I should mention at this point two important things: Thing One - they were only of ok quality. The batter just wasn't up to usual standards. But the accompanying rabbit food made up for it ...just. Thing Two - Lisa Lou not only had Tiger Prawns for her starter but for her pudding as well! Clearly a fan. Among main courses, most folks seemed to have either chicken or a burger, and GaryA drew my attention to the ratio of burger to bun on his plate. In my view, a ratio of 1:2 is inadequate. It even didn't look that thick. He seemed to enjoy the taste but it obviously disappeared too quickly for a growing lad. Speaking of growing lads, I was willing Nikki to give up on her garlic bread, and it worked - I was ready when she offered it up. Jolly good it was too, thanks, Nikki!

Stars and Stripes announced he retired yesterday (Lucky B@r$t@rd) and celebrated by eating most of Caroline's dinner. Honestly that lady just doesn't eat enough to keep a sparrow alive. I enjoyed chatting about running to Fergy, who is quietly in training for something, since he only had a main course (chicken, I think). I began to notice that everyone seemed to be about to finish their main courses and my burger had not emerged. Just in case the order had escaped our lovely hostess, I inquired as delicately as possible. It arrived a few minutes later and I am happy to report a far more favourable burger/bun ratio :eat:. Pretty much 1:1, I'd say, augmented with cheese and bacon, so this was a serious item, to which I paid due attention for the next five minutes. Sorry, everyone, that I was not social for that time, but I am a simple soul, capable of a maximum of one thing at a time. Glorious! I'd so much have liked a second pint of Harveys, but that would have been tempting fate. But my evening was completed by a serving of apple pie, custard and a big piece of Cheddar on the side. She remembered :rolleyes:.

Thanks to Stars and Stripes for the coffee and to all of you, both for turning up and for being so ...normal :thumbsup:

lisa lou, Roadwart, Eagle and 2 others like this.
  17. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

Thanks all it was a good night
    Nikki is still looking for some sky hooks lol

18. Stars and Stripes

Yes a really good night, and nice to see everybody, hopefully next month will be warm enough to arrive on the bike???????

Rosie and Panel Man like this.
  19. lammyR6

It was lovely to see so many last night. Yes, fingers crossed the weather will soon be friendly enough for us to arrive on bikes. Enjoyed the company as usual :ghug:

20. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Enjoyed the meeting. Good to see more of you guys there.
    Roll on the next one :D