1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

[Aug 29, 2011] Ashford ''Chile Dog Run'' (TN249JZ)

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by Hanna, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Alarm decided to give up at Megawatts...........time for a new bike me thinks :bhead::bhead::bhead:

2. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Bummer.... :thumbsdown: Fekin technology, great when it works, :poop: when it gives up.. Good to see you though, albeit briefly. :D

3. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Great day Over 6 hours out in the sun on some nice roads... 21 bikes i think at one point, and i dont think anyone got lost.... Thanks for the route Allan, well done everyone for keeping the drop of system working so well... :sun1:
    Hope you got home ok Amber...

4. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Thanks Kev, Got it sorted after 5 mins, tried to find you all to no avail.. until next time

5. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Great turnout today guys n gals. Enjoyed the food at the Riverside Diner and the ride to Rye. Shame about Dave's fall and bike damage. Was very funny watching Tom's "bike maintenance" though. Glad he couldn't find a lump hammer!!!

BlackHornet likes this.
  6. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Was nice meeting up with you guys today. Just annoyed I didn`t make the food run this morning.

7. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

Yeah was a great day... I thought this morning i'd only be out til 12ish then head home... But was having far too much fun, got lost on the way home tho, I got to Tenterden and thought it's a straight road from here up to maidstone way... Then ended up in Ashford (again... Wtf?? So i gave up and found the motorway) it even took me 2 attempts to get out of Rye, lol... My sence of direction's rubbish...

Thanks Alan for leading the way... Some nice roads there... Looking forward to doing them again... Dave. I hope the bike makes a full recovery...

Sporty1200 likes this.
  8. megawatt

Got lots more to do mate. Try n get down after work one evening?

9. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

Good ride today. :) I did 154 miles all in. :eek: Aching all over now though!! :violin:

10. Andy

Andy Learner

Thanks folks for a great day out, and thanks for the warm welcome. I thought I saw Mousematt going through Tenterden, but thought no he was going up the A21 to north kent, nvm sounds like you had a good long run.

Thanks again see you all next time.

11. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

South East Regional News for Monday 29th August

IMG00018-20110829-0908.jpg News of Ducky spreads across South East England
    IMG00021-20110829-1147.jpg 21 Bikes went out to play....
    IMG00022-20110829-1148.jpg Dave arrives
    IMG00024-20110829-1150.jpg Kev starts on the coffee
    IMG00025-20110829-1150.jpg Hyabusa Dave lives!!!!
    IMG00027-20110829-1154.jpg Tom tries a bit of engineering
    IMG00028-20110829-1155.jpg Yoda describes the fish he would catch if ever he went fishing

IMG00031-20110829-1226.jpg Kev finally has too much coffee!

Attached Files:

12. JimG

JimG British Superbike +

More news........

IMG00033-20110829-1358.jpg Tom demonstrates precision engineering
    IMG00035-20110829-1358.jpg Dave discovers blokes are better than stabilisers
    IMG00037-20110829-1400.jpg Someone shouts "Free bike bits! Help yourself!"
    IMG00038-20110829-1402.jpg Dave prays people will stop nicking bits of his bike
    IMG00040-20110829-1433.jpg Kev describes the fish he would catch if ever he went fishing
    IMG00042-20110829-1440.jpg The guys consider Yodas and Kevs fishing tales

Ducky, deano81, Roadwart and 2 others like this.
  13. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

Great photos Jim... love the captions... :hah: The towing sign's awesome...

JimG likes this.
  14. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Was she out too? I didn't see her carving up traffic.

Thanks for a great ride out chaps, aside from the camber related issues. I suspect the changes to my rear suspension the other day will be getting changed back.
    Big thank you to the 'pit crew' for helping me bend the relevent bits straight too!

Bike is back in the garage, everything back where it should be and working fine. Just a small dent in my pride and general demeanour and a new mirror to buy.

deano81 and BlackHornet like this.
  15. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

well at least those stabilisers work as great crash bungs to save dented any more than just pride :thumbsup:
    nice bit of advoidance on that roundabout ;)
    wicked pictures there :giggle:

thanks to everyone for another great day :ner:

16. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

V good pics Jim. :thumbsup:

17. mousematt

mousematt Commuter 500 +

Me too... I was just short of 150 (not intentionally tho)... Got cramp in my shoulder just after I joined the M2 from bluebell hill, I couldn't shift it while I was riding...

I thought I'd avoid the A21 after you said it could be busy with Holiday traffic... yeah, even though I went the wrong way I still enjoyed it... :D

deano81 likes this.
  18. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

£7:59 for new mirrors!!

19. megawatt

Dave said," Thanks for a great ride out chaps, aside from the camber related issues. "
    We didn't go anywhere near Camber Dave ???

HAYABUSADAVE and Skortchio like this.
  20. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Oh the unceremony!
    But I was right, the bike stalled. As I had my finger on the button already it was inevitible the bike was going to go the wrong way.

Les likes this.