1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Oil & Filter change

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Sporty1200, Jul 14, 2011.

1. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

again it is away of getting to know your bike, and gave me a good chance to do some mainenance

2. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

Thanks but I'll stick to doing mine when I want, not when disaster tells me.

3. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

I use various wrenches until one works but did have to use the screw driver method once, does go against the grain a bit tho to be stabbing screw drivers into yer bike!:)

4. Kevin Taylor

Spoke to my cousin yesterday he popped into his local bike shop and paid £32 for oil :eek:. So when I said I'd paid £23 for oil & filter, he was suitably unimpressed. Bought from Busters on Friday evening, arrived monday morning. Today or tomorrow, well the sun is shining at the moment :cool:
    Tomorrow morning it is then after a quick trip to Laguna's to get the filter removal tool and ask about chain & sprockets (supply & fit prices). I am not confident enough to attempt that particular job.

5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

kev you will pay well over the odds for a chain and sproket fitted from any major shop, not that hard to do i fitted my last one :D ok with some help. Just ask someone on here to help :thumbsup: £20-£30 quid and i'm sure more than one person would be willing to fit them for you. ( some may not even charge )

6. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I ll help you with that mate, just say when.

7. Kevin Taylor

Wont be til next month as the piggy bank has dried up this month.:cry:

8. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Just gimme a shout when yer ready.